Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy graph warning symbol?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@bonklaus - On "Bug report", it saves the state of the car to an internal log. It does not notify anyone at Tesla, so don't expect any answers. It's helpful when you have an intermittent issue or something odd, you save a bug report and then set up a service appointment. In service, they can access the saved log, which may help identify what an issue is, especially if it is not repeatable. Not sure I'd bother them over the normal appearance of reduced power/regen in some situations.

@bonklaus - On "Bug report", it saves the state of the car to an internal log. It does not notify anyone at Tesla, so don't expect any answers. It's helpful when you have an intermittent issue or something odd, you save a bug report and then set up a service appointment. In service, they can access the saved log, which may help identify what an issue is, especially if it is not repeatable. Not sure I'd bother them over the normal appearance of reduced power/regen in some situations.
Ahh I didn’t know that. Useful to know though! As far as this energy limiting is concerned, surely it shouldn’t appear every single time I use full throttle?

I can't say if it's normal or not. I'm not sure I've ever used full throttle (although close to full a few times on my 2016S). I've never seen the restriction (other than cold or 100% SOC). On my 2022S, the nice instrument cluster energy graph is not available. There is an energy screen on the main display (say "energy") but not the same thing.

I can't say if it's normal or not. I'm not sure I've ever used full throttle (although close to full a few times on my 2016S). I've never seen the restriction (other than cold or 100% SOC). On my 2022S, the nice instrument cluster energy graph is not available. There is an energy screen on the main display (say "energy") but not the same thing.
Try asking for the energy graph by voice.

Did this ever get definitely answered? My 2019 Model X recently started showing the orange dotted lines and warning triangle at the regenerative end of the graph when lifting off the throttle. The only thing I have changed recently is I've been testing Range Mode. It's possibly a coincidence, but it's only happened since I turned Range Mode on.