Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Engineer's week with the Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got to participate in Engineer's week again and our team's focus was on energy efficiency. So the Roadster fit right in and was a hit with the kids. They were so receptive to the new technology so it was a good day and a good way to get the word out that there is a bright clean future.
Engineers_week2.jpg

That is one of the ways I justified the Roadster. At 3X the next most expensive car I ever had the Roadster was a real stretch for me. And I got mine used! But I now love going to car shows, like the Electric Ave. we had a FunFest with a Leaf, Volt and electric Miata. I believe we need to find a way to get off of foreign oil and clean the environment. An EV allows us to do both. Our demonstration was to light an incandecent light buld and an LED with a hand crank. It is amazing how much easier it is to get light out of the LED. Just as an LED is more efficient so is the Roadster.

Engineers_Week.jpg

Last edited:
That is one of the ways I justified the Roadster. At 3X the next most expensive car I ever had the Roadster was a real stretch for me. And I got mine used! But I now love going to car shows, like the Electric Ave. we had a FunFest with a Leaf, Volt and electric Miata. I believe we need to find a way to get off of foreign oil and clean the environment. An EV allows us to do both. Our demonstration was to light an incandecent light buld and an LED with a hand crank. It is amazing how much easier it is to get light out of the LED. Just as an LED is more efficient so is the Roadster.

View attachment 17731

Was the Miata from West Wilkes?

P1040490.JPG