Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Anti-theft add-on from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone actually received the alarm system that they purchased after 1/11/19 when the second batch became available from Tesla online? The reason I am asking is ordered the alarm on 1/12/19 and was charged for it and received an order confirmation with an order number. I have been trying to get a status on the order by sending two separate emails to [email protected] and requesting a status by logging into my Tesla account and asking the same question about the status. None of these requests have been responded to by Tesla over the past two weeks. Does Tesla respond to email anymore? I also contacted my local service center to see if they have received the alarm and they said no. They cannot provide status of an online order so they said they can’t do anything and I should just wait. What is going on with Tesla these days? Are they charging customer’s credit cards for orders and not shipping them? Does anyone have any suggestions about how to find out the status of the order? I thought I would never say this but my local Chevrolet dealer has better communication regarding service on my Volt than Tesla has on my Model S.

Has anyone actually received the alarm system that they purchased after 1/11/19 when the second batch became available from Tesla online? The reason I am asking is ordered the alarm on 1/12/19 and was charged for it and received an order confirmation with an order number. I have been trying to get a status on the order by sending two separate emails to [email protected] and requesting a status by logging into my Tesla account and asking the same question about the status. None of these requests have been responded to by Tesla over the past two weeks. Does Tesla respond to email anymore? I also contacted my local service center to see if they have received the alarm and they said no. They cannot provide status of an online order so they said they can’t do anything and I should just wait. What is going on with Tesla these days? Are they charging customer’s credit cards for orders and not shipping them? Does anyone have any suggestions about how to find out the status of the order? I thought I would never say this but my local Chevrolet dealer has better communication regarding service on my Volt than Tesla has on my Model S.
The [email protected] has not responded to my emails for many months now. My local SC usually runs about 4-6 weeks out for appointments, so I went ahead and booked the earliest available for the end of February and am just hoping that the SC actually gets the shipment by then.

I did the same thing and scheduled my service center appointment for 2/6/19. But today I called the service center and they have not received the alarm, nor do they know anything about the order because “they do not handle online orders”.

The [email protected] has not responded to my emails for many months now. My local SC usually runs about 4-6 weeks out for appointments, so I went ahead and booked the earliest available for the end of February and am just hoping that the SC actually gets the shipment by then.

• Informative
Reactions: MIT_S60
I did the same thing and scheduled my service center appointment for 2/6/19. But today I called the service center and they have not received the alarm, nor do they know anything about the order because “they do not handle online orders”.
Did you talk to the service department or the parts department? I'm wondering if they received it in parts, but the people in the service department are unaware of it.

I spoke with a service rep at the service center and he checked with the parts rep. But I also called Tesla customer service and eventuallly spoke with someone. He said the only way to check on an online parts order is to email them at [email protected]. They have no phone number and it seems that Tesla treats them like a different company. He escalated my request to the “Commerce Team” by email and I almost immediately received an email from them saying that FedEx states that it was delivered to my local service center on 1/17/19. I replied and said that the local service center said they do not have it and the Commerce Team did not offer to help, but instead told me who signed for the delivery at the service center and that’s all. I guess I am supposed to contact the service center again and tell them they should look around for it.

Did you talk to the service department or the parts department? I'm wondering if they received it in parts, but the people in the service department are unaware of it.

I spoke with a service rep at the service center and he checked with the parts rep. But I also called Tesla customer service and eventuallly spoke with someone. He said the only way to check on an online parts order is to email them at [email protected]. They have no phone number and it seems that Tesla treats them like a different company. He escalated my request to the “Commerce Team” by email and I almost immediately received an email from them saying that FedEx states that it was delivered to my local service center on 1/17/19. I replied and said that the local service center said they do not have it and the Commerce Team did not offer to help, but instead told me who signed for the delivery at the service center and that’s all. I guess I am supposed to contact the service center again and tell them they should look around for it.
Please let us know how it turns out. I have a feeling it will be a good idea to call a few days ahead of the appointment date and make sure they can find the part.

I posted a second video with extensive testing of functionality based on questions & requests...
Tesla Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade Demo Part 2

Thanks for the video, it is interesting that our alarms behave differently. Couple days ago while I was sitting in the front passenger side waiting for my wife to finish shopping, I locked the car to fold the side mirrors and placed the key on the console. After a few minutes I turned around to see if my wife was walking back and the alarm went off. After watching your video I went to the garage to check, locking myself in the front passenger side, nothing happened for a minute or two even with me waving my hands. I was about to give up and tried to pick up the key from the console and the alarm went off. I moved to the back and checked, same behavior, waited a minute or two then alarm will go off on motion. So there seems to be a time delay for it to be armed. If you try it again and it still would not go off, I suggest asking the service center if they can adjust the sensitivity or zone inside the car. I remember I received multiple alarm notifications when car was at the service center during the installation and they told me that they were adjusting and testing the alarm.

Thanks for the video, it is interesting that our alarms behave differently. Couple days ago while I was sitting in the front passenger side waiting for my wife to finish shopping, I locked the car to fold the side mirrors and placed the key on the console. After a few minutes I turned around to see if my wife was walking back and the alarm went off. After watching your video I went to the garage to check, locking myself in the front passenger side, nothing happened for a minute or two even with me waving my hands. I was about to give up and tried to pick up the key from the console and the alarm went off. I moved to the back and checked, same behavior, waited a minute or two then alarm will go off on motion. So there seems to be a time delay for it to be armed. If you try it again and it still would not go off, I suggest asking the service center if they can adjust the sensitivity or zone inside the car. I remember I received multiple alarm notifications when car was at the service center during the installation and they told me that they were adjusting and testing the alarm.
I doubt there are any adjustments. I was there while they were updating my car for the new hardware. It involved hitting a “play” button on what I assume was an installation script on a laptop connected to my car. Then a wait period, then test procedures. Stick hand in open rear window as in my videos. Also recommended testing the tilt sensor by jacking up one side of the car. All instructions were on the laptop. No documentation came with the part.

Hi Daniel Thanks for posting the video of the new enhanced security alarm. Waiting for mine to get to service center in Santa Clara, CA. Did they also put the decals on your windows?
The decals were accidentally discarded in error with some of the packaging. I believe mine was the first installation.
Afterwords, they checked another package that was for a Model X and discovered that the decals were covertly placed amongst the packaging material. Honest mistake. No instructions. Apparently they were able to order me a new set of decals, which have not come in yet as far as I know.
They will be affixed to the small fixed windows in the back seat when they arrive.

Ugh. My old Audi had a motion sensor alarm. One summer we took a long road trip. Car alarm kept going off at weird times, generally when we were out of the car for hours hiking.

Eventually I worked out that it was because we had a lot of road trip bric-a-brac in the cabin (normally I keep a very tidy, even spartan, cabin), had sunroof and windows cracked to keep it cool (well, less hot), and it was very windy. Junk fluttered around the cabin and set off the motion sensor.

I would pay extra NOT to have one.

Ugh. My old Audi had a motion sensor alarm. One summer we took a long road trip. Car alarm kept going off at weird times, generally when we were out of the car for hours hiking.

Eventually I worked out that it was because we had a lot of road trip bric-a-brac in the cabin (normally I keep a very tidy, even spartan, cabin), had sunroof and windows cracked to keep it cool (well, less hot), and it was very windy. Junk fluttered around the cabin and set off the motion sensor.

I would pay extra NOT to have one.
No false alarms yet.
Easily disabled.
Can you do that in your Audi?
4157D90F-4B6C-4089-A8EB-A30DCB82B9DE.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: KyleDay
It actually had a single button disable. The trick wasn’t being able to disable it, the trick was realizing when it was important to disable and remembering to do it.
I have the option of leaving security and/or tilt/intrusion off and only turning it on when I feel I am parking it at higher risk location.
Still figuring it out. I suspect Tesla will tweet the firmware to improve usability.
I sent this suggestion via the escalation link in my Tesla account and received an email confirmation of receipt: (views now over 30,000)

I had Enhanced Anti-theft installed on mu 2018 Model S 100D last week. I have had a chance to do some extensive testing that has helped myself and others to understand its use. I posted 2 videos on YouTube. The first one has had over 15,000 views, so this is obviously of great interest to the Tesla community.

Please take a look at the 2 videos I posted on YouTube
Playlist Link:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwN--Cvo1lxWjAl3fA4HoDf7Usmi4wlgH
Individual Video links:

Tesla Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade Demo

Tesla Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade Demo Part 2

I have a suggestion that I believe will improve its usability.

As you will see in the Part 2 video, if a passenger is left in the vehicle without the key fob, it appears that the Tilt / Intrusion feature is temporarily disabled and their motion within the cabin will not trigger the alarm. If, however they later exit the vehicle the alarm will be triggered when the front door is opened.

(Oddly, this did not seem to be the case with the back door)

My suggestion is to add an option to temporarily disable security if any of the seats are occupied after a walk away or manual lock takes place and delay locking and the activation of the security system until after all seats are vacated.

Reactions: dogldogl and jgs