Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot and latest FSD update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the news that Tesla is combining the highway and city street software stacks, I'm trying to understand how this affects enhanced autopilot going forward? Does anyone know what, if any, improvements are coming to EAP as part of this merger? I don't have FSD and probably never will, but I do like EAP and just want to know if EAP owners will get improvements along with FSD owners? Thanks.

Reactions: Bacalao
I don’t think any changes yet. In the latest v11.3.2, you can select autopilot to do TACC, (old) auto pilot/NoAP, and fsd beta. The legacy code is still there.

I think best case scenario they make the hwy portion of FSDb available to EAP folks. Worst case, no changes. Since EAP/NoAP code is so old already, they probably wouldn’t have a problem with keeping it going forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenonator
As of at least v11.3.1 (based on the Release Notes), the highway stack and city street stack are unified (at least they are if you have FSD; I don't know what happens if you don't have FSD -- I just got the FSD Beta today so my experience with it is limited). I can tell you that one difference is that merging lanes is handled much better -- it used to snap you to the middle of the new (initially very wide) lane; now it keeps your alignment consistent with the remaining original lane line, so as the lane narrows the car doesn't bounce around.