Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entering my driveway I got the rear mirrors to fold. How to open them automatically?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I managed succesfully to fold automatically my rear mirrors as soon as I enter my driveway, so I can enter my narrow garage.

Ideally I wish that when I baclup, after getting out of the garage, they will unfold automatically.

Can this be done?

That could pose a damage issue though. I back into my garage and fold the mirrors so that they don’t scrape the storage rack. If they auto unfolded the minute it put the car into D and crept fwd, that’d annoy the hell outta me.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Tested it. Backed into my driveway (definitely less than 100 feet as the garage had not yet closed). Then put it in drive and started to move forward, mirrors unfolded. I note that those who say it doesn't until they get to 29mph appear to be nosecone or AP1 cars. I'm a refresh, AP2 car (now upgraded to AP3). That may be the difference.

Ok, I tested it today. Backed into driveway and then pulled out going forward. Mirrors did not unfold until the place they normally do (which is where I normally shift from reverse to forward). It is about 100' from the garage, so it appears clear that the unfolding of mirrors is set at a distance away from the location where you have set them to fold based on geolocation. It just happens that distance normally coincides with my change in direction. I also confirmed they will unfold anyway (regardless of distance) if you speed up above around 30mph...