Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entering the next level of Hell...Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Swampgator

Apr 27, 2016
Florida
Tesla went through production hell, then delivery hell. The next phase has begun.....service hell.
I picked up my car 10 days ago and noticed a small gash on the passenger door sill (kick plate?) Then a couple of small issues were found on day 2. Called to schedule service (mobile) for that and was told they would call in a couple of days to schedule that. Nobody has called me in over a week. So I spent 40 minutes holding today to try and follow up. The guy that answered was super nice, but all he can do is send email to the service manager asking him to contact me.

Also, I odored a 14-30 adapter from the online store last Wed that I need for a trip I'm taking this weekend to Gainesville, FL. There is no supercharger in Gainesville (yet) and I wanted to charge the car at my friends house while we stay up there. After not getting a tracking number I emailed the online order support line this morning (monday) asking if they could expedite shipping or let me buy from a nearby service center. Well a couple hours later they send me the tracking information that they shipped it today so that will arrive next Monday.......... after my trip.
Really trying to stay positive and hopefully sell some of my friends on buying a Tesla, but they don't make it easy. The product us fantastic, but I fear we have now entered service/customer service hell and this may last for several months until they catch up.

The part order is probably to be expected. I got a 14-30 within a week but no tracking, just showed up one day.

The service center I have experienced the same. I would advise getting what you need done and stay away from service for awhile until things settle down. Or have the issues documented and have them fixed later perhaps...

Also depends on the particular service center. Some are really on top of it and running smoothly from what I hear. Others, not so much.