Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bumper replacement on Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to get a front bumper replacement due to a couple small incidents, and I am finding the Tesla app rather confusing. I submit a collision request with five pictures, and it doesn't send me an email, and gives me a cryptic message like "This can be serviced at a Tesla collision center!".

It doesn't seem like the app is "handling" my request so much as telling me to call some collision center manually? Is that correct? The first time I tried this was ten days ago and I haven't been contacted to schedule an appointment .

Does anyone know whether you are supposed to use the app to schedule an appointment or do you have to call the specific location?

If you are trying to just buy the bumper itself and install it yourself, you can put that note in the service center request. Im not even sure if they sell them that way.

They are telling you " go to a body shop for a bumper replacement, we dont do that at the service center".

It doesn't seem like the app is "handling" my request so much as telling me to call some collision center manually? Is that correct?

Pretty much, yes.

I have had both the front and rear bumper fascia covers replaced on my 2018 Model 3 at a local service center at different times.

For the rear, unfortunately, I backed into a pole and scuffed up the cover (grrr). The damage wasn't too bad and nothing underneath was damaged or bent, just scuffed up the cover pretty good. By the way, fun fact, I learned that the multi-coat red paint has yellow underneath.

After I hit the pole, I made a trip to the local Tesla service center and had my favorite local service person quote me a price and then make the appointment in their system to replace the cover. That way, the job was described correctly and the correct part was identified and ordered. The part came in pre-painted. The service center charged $840 for the rear bumper cover itself and $120 to remove the old one and install the new one. The work was done the same day and I was very satisfied with the job...The paint match was spot-on and the car was a few years old at the time...I had the front cover replaced later and it was a couple hundred $$$ more expensive...

BumperReplacement.jpg
BumperDent.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC