Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error: Maximum charge level and range may be reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 Model 3 Standard, 18k miles on it. I suddenly got this error this morning, I’ve already scheduled a service appt for next Saturday. Anyone have experience with this? I hope he’s not a battery failure, I just drove 80 miles on it and can attest that the projected range has gone down from what it usually shows. It’s till under warranty so I should have nothing to worry about out of pocket right?

Attachments

• IMG_5281.jpeg
    IMG_5281.jpeg
    729.6 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
2021 Model 3 Standard, 18k miles on it. I suddenly got this error this morning, I’ve already scheduled a service appt for next Saturday. Anyone have experience with this? I hope he’s not a battery failure, I just drove 80 miles on it and can attest that the projected ranges has gone down from it usually shows. It’s till under warranty so I should have nothing to worry about out of pocket right?

There are threads here and in the model Y subforum with people getting that message. I havent read one in a bit but I do think there is a good chance you have a battery issue.

if the car is under warranty, it shouldnt cost you anything but some time, in dealing with it. I would probably call the service center that the appointment is with and see if they can expedite the appointment, since " I use the car daily for work, is there anything you can do to get it in sooner?" (or some such statement).

There are threads here and in the model Y subforum with people getting that message. I havent read one in a bit but I do think there is a good chance you have a battery issue.

if the car is under warranty, it shouldnt cost you anything but some time, in dealing with it. I would probably call the service center that the appointment is with and see if they can expedite the appointment, since " I use the car daily for work, is there anything you can do to get it in sooner?" (or some such statement).
I did as you suggested and messaged them thru the app last night to see how if they can get me in today since I’m off and can drop it off asap in the morning. They said they could accommodate me, prob won’t be until Wednesday that they look at it but sounds like I’m looking at a new battery from initial speculation.

They got me setup quick with a loaner as I headed in there this morning (Hour drove for me). They gave me a 2018 model S P100D as a loaner. It’s been a great experience with them. I’ve heard bad things about their service but maybe those are just rare isolated situations blown out of proportion

So, I got this dreaded message on Sunday. But it went away once we charged up. I took it to Service, and they want $1,100 to check it out. Is it worth it? The manual says "if error persists take to service...and it didn't persist. But am I risking damaging the battery by not talking it?

I ended up having them proceed, but I am worried I just wasted some money!

Attachments

• Estimate.png
    Estimate.png
    276.5 KB · Views: 30