Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

error message "Lane departure assistance limited"

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Is it only while you're in the garage? From what I've read here, it seems like a blank wall can fool the car into thinking a camera is not working. Many others have had this message intermittently. While it could be a bad camera, it might not be a serious problem.
It was while out and driving in the morning. It seems to only come up in the morning, but multiple mornings in a row. Maybe the sun is hitting it at an angle?

T3SLAROD

May 14, 2019
SoCal
I just took it in to the SC for this same issue, here is what they wrote. Low light shouldn’t be an issues IMO. This is something Tesla needs to look into, not that I really care for Lane Departure. It is annoying having that message come up though.

Attachments

• B2C4029A-3101-4967-8D87-3079501FF3EB.jpeg
    B2C4029A-3101-4967-8D87-3079501FF3EB.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 32

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC