Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated Delivery Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The estimate delivery is 2-4 months in general. It does say actual delivery depends on "Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration." The option I am waiting for is Long Range Battery and Standard interior, but I am considering ordering the Long Range + PUP to get the full federal tax return.

To cut the story short. I am a day 1 store reservation holder. Does this actually help me get the car closer to 2 months wait or is it actually not helpful at all. If its 2 months i'll be able to wait longer to see if Telsa will release the version of the car I want and get the full 7500 credit

The estimate delivery is 2-4 months in general. It does say actual delivery depends on "Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration." The option I am waiting for is Long Range Battery and Standard interior, but I am considering ordering the Long Range + PUP to get the full federal tax return.

To cut the story short. I am a day 1 store reservation holder. Does this actually help me get the car closer to 2 months wait or is it actually not helpful at all. If its 2 months i'll be able to wait longer to see if Telsa will release the version of the car I want and get the full 7500 credit

You can get the current configurations within 11 days in some cases. Non PUP will not exist in time to get the full 7500 credit.

I dont believe reservation date, previous owner status, etc means anything anymore. More about if your config matches an available car from the batches they are building and your location.

I doubt they will release the non-PUP version before the end of the year. Since you are in Cali you could get delivery sooner and may take a risk to wait, but if I were you I wouldn't risk it. Think of it this way, you'll get the full 7500 if you order now, and likely only 3750 if you wait AND they release non-PUP in time....consider the 'guaranteed' additional 3750 you get by ordering now a cost which pays for a large chunk of the PUP upgrade :)

For those of us in Canada it would be great to have a 10 day wait after ordering. I ordered in early July, had sept/nov delivery, requested a paint change a week later (edit button was gone) and it took them 3 weeks to update that, and by that time it pushed my delivery window to october/december :( After a call to Tesla I was told I would 'likely' now get a call around the end of october with my vin and to schedule a delivery :( :(

Dig into the Tesla Model 3 Ordering spreadsheet that is a stickied post. Has a lot of entries and you can filter by multiple parameters (location, configuration, etc...). Currently, people in CA (even without day 1 reservations) ordering standard LR are getting estimated deliveries of about 2 weeks from configuration. This is likely from their stockpile of standard LR from the end of June while the factory currently is pumping out Performance and AWD.

Dig into the Tesla Model 3 Ordering spreadsheet that is a stickied post. Has a lot of entries and you can filter by multiple parameters (location, configuration, etc...). Currently, people in CA (even without day 1 reservations) ordering standard LR are getting estimated deliveries of about 2 weeks from configuration. This is likely from their stockpile of standard LR from the end of June while the factory currently is pumping out Performance and AWD.

I’m not so sure they are still from the June surge. I saw a video of a MSM that said it was made in July and was VIN 39,000 something. Mine is 490xx and I’m also getting mine within a couple of weeks of order. I didn’t reserve until February 2018 and ordered on 8/7