Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please everyone, if you make changes to the wiki put a comment in the "Reason for editing" field at the bottom (if you don´t know what to write the history tab at the top shows you all the changes and comments), update the timestamps and put a link to your source! It is a pain of trying to find that out afterwards and updating - for example every time people do update the total but don´t change the time stamp for the total, I still have to check if the total is correct so it is as much work as no update to the total at all. Some people are really good doing all this, but some not so much. Thanks.

It seems likely that the monthly Tesla Model S delivery numbers in Germany (130 in August 2015) are reaching the levels of the monthly Tesla Model S delivery numbers in The Netherlands (131 in August 2015).

It looks like that these monthly numbers in Germany will be higher than the monthly numbers in The Netherlands in 2016 and further, as the car-market in Germany is much greater than it is in The Netherlands.

The CPO program officially arrived in Western Europe. Just go to the regular CPO page and then pick a country at the bottom of the page. There are 4 cars available in France, GB and Germany each, 8 in Switzerland and 2 in the Netherlands. Majority of the prices seem to hover between 80k and 100k EUR. I am assuming that includes VAT. No super attractive deals as far as I can see.

Belgium August 2015 = 83. (2014 = 26)

Source : http://febiac.web4pro.com/nl_mon_brand.xls

I added the number for Belgium and added to the monthly total, but did not see how to add the link.

Thanks, added the details. Looks like we´ll finish a bit below last month depending how Switzerland and Denmark turn out. Maybe that´s the result of the factory downtime in the beginning of July for the new production line?

Denmark might be interesting ahead of the big change in car taxing there...

- - - Updated - - -

The CPO program officially arrived in Western Europe. Just go to the regular CPO page and then pick a country at the bottom of the page. There are 4 cars available in France, GB and Germany each, 8 in Switzerland and 2 in the Netherlands. Majority of the prices seem to hover between 80k and 100k EUR. I am assuming that includes VAT. No super attractive deals as far as I can see.

Cool. Only 2 cars for Germany left at this time :). I´ll be watching closely...

Thanks, added the details. Looks like we´ll finish a bit below last month depending how Switzerland and Denmark turn out. Maybe that´s the result of the factory downtime in the beginning of July for the new production line?

Wasn't the factory downtime in the second half of July? Guidance is quarterly growth of +10% or so which is already accounted for with July being so much better than April. It wouldn't surprise me if August/September are just repeat months from last quarter which would put Europe easily over 4000 deliveries for a new record number.

Meanwhile delivery times in Europe get pushed out. Ordering now gets you a date in 2016. Originally I thought it was because they were spacing out production to make room for giving extra attention on the Model X's. But I must admit I didn't expect it to take us into the new year. So the alternative explanation of increasing demand over capacity is looking more and more like a good possibility. We will know in October!

Wasn't the factory downtime in the second half of July? Guidance is quarterly growth of +10% or so which is already accounted for with July being so much better than April. It wouldn't surprise me if August/September are just repeat months from last quarter which would put Europe easily over 4000 deliveries for a new record number.

Meanwhile delivery times in Europe get pushed out. Ordering now gets you a date in 2016. Originally I thought it was because they were spacing out production to make room for giving extra attention on the Model X's. But I must admit I didn't expect it to take us into the new year. So the alternative explanation of increasing demand over capacity is looking more and more like a good possibility. We will know in October!

Can you share reference regarding 2016 delivery date? German and Norwegian sites show December delivery date.

Hobbes I just looked at All licensed vehicles and new registrations (VEH01) - Statistical data sets - GOV.UK
for Uk clicked table veh0120 which is a huge excel file I opened it with Microsoft excel viewer click bottom tab cars go to row 29963

The figures appear to be cumulative total sales so you have to take 2015q1 cum figure from 1015q2 cum figure these are 1045-902 = 143 q2 sales 902-697 = 205 q1 sales
Can you see if you or anyone else can open it and do these figures correspond with your figures/findings

Hobbes I just looked at All licensed vehicles and new registrations (VEH01) - Statistical data sets - GOV.UK
for Uk clicked table veh0120 which is a huge excel file I opened it with Microsoft excel viewer click bottom tab cars go to row 29963

The figures appear to be cumulative total sales so you have to take 2015q1 cum figure from 1015q2 cum figure these are 1045-902 = 143 q2 sales 902-697 = 205 q1 sales
Can you see if you or anyone else can open it and do these figures correspond with your figures/findings

Those numbers you found are lower than those I put in the wiki. We have links in there that go to the sources we got the numbers from, maybe you can look at those to see where the differences come from. As far as I remember, those were offcial quarterly numbers, too. Maybe UK vs just Great Britain or something like that? But I doubt that would lead do so large differences.

- - - Updated - - -

Switzerland reported 155 registrations in August, not quite as good as the 199 last month.

Top 5:

1) Norway 220
2) Switzerland 155
3) Netherlands 131
4) Germany 130
5) Denmark 111

ev-sales has a link to an article claiming 21 Model S sold so far this year in Ukraine.
The article in Ukrainian sites "internal affairs ministry" as a source with no link, so not sure how to confirm.
And, same as for Russia, the question is, since Tesla does not sell in Ukraine, are these vehicles already counted in the country where the actual purchase was made.

From InsideEV - Russian gas stations mandated to install chargers by Nov,1 2016
Surreal. There are 45000 gas stations in Russia and, according to this article, 500 electric cars.

Another interesting observation:
"On Thursday, out of nearly 60,000 used cars on sale in Moscow on the popular website auto.ru, only 18 were electric cars, 13 of which were U.S. brand Teslas with price tags ranging from about $60,000 to $180,500."