Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Europe] DAB+ reception and reliability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite disappointed here in the UK to find out after taking delivery of my P85D that DAB radio is not standard<br><br>It is standard in many cars, so why not a Tesla?<br><br>The SIM in the car is assigned to a Spanish IP, and so due to licensing issues, I can't listen to BBC Radio 5 Live & Sports extra.<br><br>I don't want an add-on box<br><br>Is there a fix for this? *

DAB is available, but I think it's only on there when you have a Sound Studio package.

I have DAB(+) on my Model S from Sept 2013. They are going to replace my receiver however on Nov 5th due to a small glitch in the older models, but that's all.

DAB is available, but I think it's only on there when you have a Sound Studio package.

I have DAB(+) on my Model S from Sept 2013.

It used to be part of the premium sound package here, but when I ordered in May 2015 it was already standard. I don't know when and why they changed it, maybe because they are planning to shut down analog radio in Switzerland in a few years.

Bumping this old thread :)

I took my S to the UK last week and what I noticed is that the DAB(+) reception in the UK is much, much, much better than in the Netherlands.

I used to blame my Model S for having bad reception, but with my experience in the UK (Folkstone <> Oxford) I'm beginning to wonder if it's not the DAB network in NL which is just poor.