Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nice! Here is one of those pictures. It looks pretty far along. In the U.S., if they had the transformer and utility connection, I would say they were only a week or two from completion.

Denmark-1.png

Finale the Tesla Europe Supercharger site has been updated with an Coming Soon page!

It's a start, but with the possible exception of the one near Randers, Denmark all those sites are known to be already under construction. The equivalent map for North America looks about 3 months into the future and includes sites still in the planning & permitting stage.

Land assumes that the "coming soon" (as the bishop said to the actress) is in principle updated regularly?

What's desperately missing is some SC's in North Germany linking the rest of Europe to Denmark - so one around Hamburg and then on the DK border - with the planned in Middlefart (love that name) and Cph it opens up Sweden too.

Weird that the planned route through middle of Spain and Portugal is gone now.
I guess there are not that many Model S owners in that region yet and the Norwegians, Dutch, Danes and Germans will rather fly instead of drive to those areas anyway.
At least we can soon reach Barcelona and the Costa Brava, but one or two more SC's enabling Valencia and the Costa Blanca would make the holiday options more complete.

The winter 2014-2015 map in indeed very nice, but the problem is that many of these locations were promised for summer 2014 and I would expect to see them on the "coming soon" map instead!
The way Tesla is handling the Supercharger deployment in Europe is pathetic. As much as I love the car, I cannot say the same thing about their general attitude in Europe where they are incapable of releasing any precise information about anything. The best example being the Chademo adapter that should have been released months ago already and now probably delayed beyond summer...

It's probably hard for Tesla to deal with specific regulations per country. On top of that, they have to deal with several languages in Europe. In the Netherlands and Germany, most people speak (if not fluently) English. In countries like France and Spain, that's an extra barrier for Tesla.

I'm positively surprised by the coverage of the Supercharges in the west of Europe. Musk kept is promise about nog worrying about the SC's on your trip anymore. I think in the meantime, this map will be updated with more SC's in Spain, France, Germany, Italy, the north of Germany and the UK. Probably a couple of extra SC's in the Benelux due to the high density of roads.

Tesla could very easily cover the whole of eastern coast of the Baltic sea and add a lot of territory for SC coverage with just 5 superchargers. This wouldn't only benefit people in those countries, but would allow for a circuit around the Baltic sea and connect people to for example St Petersburg or other locations in that region. Here's a mockup, I sent it to Tesla EU supercharger team as well.

superchargers_via_baltica.png

This informatiom come in a mail from Tesla
Latest openings in Europe

We are expanding rapidly throughout Europe. As we grow the number of Supercharger stations, we’ll keep you abreast of our latest openings:
GermanyIrxlebenNow open

MunchbergNow open

LutterbergDue June

Regensburg-OstDue June

Gramschatzer WaldDue June

AustriaViennaNow open

DenmarkMiddelfartDue May

RandersDue June

That spacing seems a bit too wide, +- 250km driving distance in between (not birds eye like these circles) would be more logical.

This was done using real world 300km distances. Easily doable with 85kWh model (95+% of all EU sales) in ANY weather on that route as the speed limits max out at 110km/h and that only makes up about 1-2% of the total route. Most of the route is 90km/h with plenty of 70km/h sections. The only part being Poland where the highway might be faster in summer so maybe instead of 2 in PL it might be 3 to make it more comfortable (though in summer you can do 300km even with 130km/h). Still it's a very small amount to cover this route and it would cover most of the region pretty well actually. One can always tighten up later, but it would add a huge region relatively cheaply.