Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does someone have an update regarding the Supercharger stations in Germany?

I forgot to mention that I meant these 4 "under construction" Supercharger stations in Germany:
Herzsprung, Germany
Berlin (SC), Germany
Nossen, Germany
Achern, Germany

But in the mean time a 5th "under construction" Supercharger station has popped up in Germany:
Schweitenkirchen, Germany

Now are the last SuC for this round in Sweden open in Nyköping.

Yes, Sweden looks completed. But wait, the route via Karlskrona needs a few Superchargers, and we want to visit Kiruna...
This might sound bananas, but another 20 Supercharger locations will cover all of Sverige, even the remote areas North of the polar circle.

Norway is racing along well, but I think the next country with full area Supercharger coverage will be Switzerland. Well deserved.

Tesla will run out of countries to cover in 2018 :smile:

Yes, Sweden looks completed. But wait, the route via Karlskrona needs a few Superchargers, and we want to visit Kiruna...
This might sound bananas, but another 20 Supercharger locations will cover all of Sverige, even the remote areas North of the polar circle.

Norway is racing along well, but I think the next country with full area Supercharger coverage will be Switzerland. Well deserved.

Tesla will run out of countries to cover in 2018 :smile:
20 more sounds little to much, they have planned eight more until 2016 and that will cover nearly hole Sweden.

But no love for that Hamburg gap, yet...

Yeah, after almost 6 months on the "coming soon" map from Tesla, I have decided to stop counting on Bremen and Hamburg. At least the SuC at Busdorf has been opened recently (that's the first in Germany coming from DK).

My plan to drive to Brussels from Norway at Xmas will have to be revised, driving down to Hamburg (counting on the 2 SuCs from the service center), and then from there to Brussels taking a detour of about 80 additional km through Lauenau and Kamen in Germany, and then Urmond in NL before reaching destination. Looking like this on a map:

trib B.PNG

A Hamburg-Bremen-Emsbüren would have been a much more efficient way to cross Germany... This is how it would look like on the map:

trip A.PNG

But the Hamburg gap is really hard to close! I wonder why Tesla Motors has so many problems to have their SuC in the Bremen area done...