Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably the most common source here, supercharge.info. It's from there linked to a German forum but I don't understand anything there :)

The German forum has a posting referring to a magazine in Finland that specifically mentions the coming supercharger at the ABC station in Toijala. Number of chargers is for now just a guesstimate. I have posted questions in the Finland thread - hopefully some native Finns can help with more details. The magazine link: http://view.sok-julkaisut.fi/public_files/users/pirkanmaanok/publications/58652f200ce726c1009c71b3564ec9b3/document.pdf - see page 22. Cut and paste text via Google Translate.

Hey,

I'll copy-paste the text first in Finnish here, just in case any other Finn is eager to discuss about my translation:

"Sähköautojen latauspisteet on tarkoitettu uusien täyssähkö-ja pistokehybridiautojen akkujen lataamiseen. ABCLahdesjärvelle avattu pikalatauspiste on jo toiminnassa jasuunnitteilla on vuoden 2015 aikana avata 3-tien ensimmäinenTesla-latausasema ABC Toijalaan."

In English: The charging stations of electric vehicles are meant for new all-electric or plug-in hybrid car charging. The ABC Lahdesjärvi has it's own fast charger and it's already operational. And we're planning to open the first Tesla Supercharger of the road 3 at ABC Toijala during 2015.

So to my understanding they say the SC really is coming to Toijala ABC, but it's the first only for that Helsinki-Tampere -road. Still the first Superchargers (as far as I know, heard from Finnish Tesla representative) are coming to road 1 between Helsinki and Turku and then somewhere nortwards from Turku.

- Tuomas
Tuomas Sauliala | Electric mobility || CEO at Evermade

Hey,

I'll copy-paste the text first in Finnish here, just in case any other Finn is eager to discuss about my translation:

"Sähköautojen latauspisteet on tarkoitettu uusien täyssähkö-ja pistokehybridiautojen akkujen lataamiseen. ABCLahdesjärvelle avattu pikalatauspiste on jo toiminnassa jasuunnitteilla on vuoden 2015 aikana avata 3-tien ensimmäinenTesla-latausasema ABC Toijalaan."

In English: The charging stations of electric vehicles are meant for new all-electric or plug-in hybrid car charging. The ABC Lahdesjärvi has it's own fast charger and it's already operational. And we're planning to open the first Tesla Supercharger of the road 3 at ABC Toijala during 2015.

So to my understanding they say the SC really is coming to Toijala ABC, but it's the first only for that Helsinki-Tampere -road. Still the first Superchargers (as far as I know, heard from Finnish Tesla representative) are coming to road 1 between Helsinki and Turku and then somewhere nortwards from Turku.

- Tuomas
Tuomas Sauliala | Electric mobility || CEO at Evermade

Great to have someone from Finland here to give us more info. I wonder - do you in Finland have public access to municipal mail lists/protocols so you would be able to find if Tesla has applied for building permits or similar? There seems to be a clear idea about where the superchargers will come - if the Finnish members here would check the possible locations - both by internet (check mail lists/mail protocols for permit applications etc...) and by looking at the possible building sites we should be able to add more dots to supercharge.info.

In general - look for building sites at key gas and rest areas along the major roads. Availability of food and toilet is usually a requirement.

Happy hunting! It's terrific that we have yet another country coming along now!

Let's see if the number of cars in Finland soon can match Sweden. In 2014 94 model S were sold in Finland. Numbers for 2015 unknown for Finland.
So far in 2015 134 model S were sold in Sweden. 265 for Sweden in 2014. ... and 5 in 2013. A total of 404 so far.

Great to have someone from Finland here to give us more info. I wonder - do you in Finland have public access to municipal mail lists/protocols so you would be able to find if Tesla has applied for building permits or similar? There seems to be a clear idea about where the superchargers will come - if the Finnish members here would check the possible locations - both by internet (check mail lists/mail protocols for permit applications etc...) and by looking at the possible building sites we should be able to add more dots to supercharge.info.

In general - look for building sites at key gas and rest areas along the major roads. Availability of food and toilet is usually a requirement.

Happy hunting! It's terrific that we have yet another country coming along now!

Let's see if the number of cars in Finland soon can match Sweden. In 2014 94 model S were sold in Finland. Numbers for 2015 unknown for Finland.
So far in 2015 134 model S were sold in Sweden. 265 for Sweden in 2014. ... and 5 in 2013. A total of 404 so far.
The nummer of register Tesla in Sweden is little different from different sources because several things but according to a site that is more accurate there is 446 Tesla Model S in Sweden until end of March this year.

Great for Finland but they should hurry up with superchargers in Croatia. Not for 2 or 3 teslas in Croatia but for those who travel on vacation on Adriatic sea or going on a business trip to SE Europe.

+1

Weird thing is, on the SuC map from Tesla, the grey "soon" points are not in Finland, but they are under construction as we know now. Croatia and Finland both have some SuC on the "2015" tab...

croatia

Great for Finland but they should hurry up with superchargers in Croatia. Not for 2 or 3 teslas in Croatia but for those who travel on vacation on Adriatic sea or going on a business trip to SE Europe.
Have you checked? Maybe construction is happening. Try to figure out where the locations will be and check, either by going there to look, call the businesses nearby or check with local building authoroties...

Well I know that something like that would be instant news in Crotia so...
Only logical place for SuC in eastern Croatia would be around Slavonski Brod and as far as I know there are no works at the moment. If I hear or see anythng I'll be the first to write about it.

Hi all!

I have checked Tesla's site for additional SuCs in France and the first ones in Spain... but still nothing. :confused:

I am planning a road trip from Norway to Spain the next month, and in fact I've decided to write a blog. In case you're interested: teslaroadtripeurope.blogspot.com

I'll be easy down to Belgium, but then I plan to visit Normandy (France) and the D-day beaches, and there are no SuCs in that area. And same goes for Spain... So it will be a nice challenge!!

@slcuervo - I guess you read through this thread?

Charging in France

Just be careful that the neutral and live wires tend to be on opposite pins in France. If it's a socket where you can turn the plug upside down then that's fine, otherwise you'll need an adapter. Or you can buy the official FR adapter for the Tesla UMC, this is what I did, plus I also got an extension cable and a blue camping adapter. Finally I bout a type 2/3c cable, but never actually used it... That was €350 down the drain!

@slcuervo - I guess you read through this thread?

Charging in France

Just be careful that the neutral and live wires tend to be on opposite pins in France. If it's a socket where you can turn the plug upside down then that's fine, otherwise you'll need an adapter. Or you can buy the official FR adapter for the Tesla UMC, this is what I did, plus I also got an extension cable and a blue camping adapter. Finally I bout a type 2/3c cable, but never actually used it... That was €350 down the drain!

I haven't read it yet, thanks for the tip!

I'm not buying the type 2/3c cable, and I'm not getting the CHAdeMO either. I'll stick with my collection of red and blue adapters for the UMC. I believe they'll have me covered, even if not always the fastest charging option...