Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny, when I looked this AM, it still said "In Review". Oh well.
I just double-checked to make sure I wasn't losing my mind and the play store says that it was last updated July 23rd, 2021. As I recall it was some time early evening when I updated my apps as I prefer to update them manually. That way I can read release notes to see what has been added or fixed before I accept updates. I wish Google would add an option to just send me email updates whenever it updates apps so that I can read the change log since half the time it's just says the generic "bug fixes" anyway. I realize that my life would be simplified if I just set it to auto update on my apps. I'm still from the old school when apps were first a thing & where updates often broke more than they fixed. Familiar territory for Tesla owners I suppose.

I'm the same way. I only really update apps when there's a feature I want/need, or the app forces me to update.
Too many times I've been burned with an "app update" that totally changes the user interface FOR THE WORSE, and makes another wise great app unusable. I've lost count how many times I've had to abandon an app because of "UI improvements" (and this isn't just Tesla).

I agree that the site is great! I love all the data and have found myself spending too much time looking at the inner workings of Tesla sales, via this site.

I've only recently become a member and started to use the site for alerts and searching for past sales to get an idea of sales volumes of particular models and feature combinations. It gives me a better sense of how often a car that I would be interested in might get posted to the used Tesla site (only a couple of times a month, it seems).

I do have a question -- I saw tonight that it seems that a lot of used model S and X vehicles were marked as "removed" today -- much more than usual. More 75D MS's were removed as well, it seems, as compared to the other models. Is this normal for end of the month or end of July? Do the cars reappear, or were they removed due to being sold to auction (or sold to buyers, though I would assume that buyers would buy more heavily on weekends)? I'm just curious how it works.

Thanks, as always, for the awesome site. Quick question: as I look through the archive, I often see cars with a removed date of (say) today, but the price history ends months earlier, sometimes with a single data point. (One example with a removed date of 8/7 is the MS with VIN ending in 259219, the price history ends on 2 June.)

How should these be interpreted? Thanks!

Quick question: as I look through the archive, I often see cars with a removed date of (say) today, but the price history ends months earlier, sometimes with a single data point. (One example with a removed date of 8/7 is the MS with VIN ending in 259219, the price history ends on 2 June.)

I think this resulted in my question above -- the first time I looked at the data, these phantom removals made it look like more cars were actually sold or removed that day than actually were. I wonder if the cars can stay in Tesla's system for months before they are finally removed? (whereas others are sold and removed immediately?)

I really love the price history feature. As a potential buyer, I'm enjoying seeing the price of the cars falling over the past couple weeks. Some huge price decreases in the past week in particular!

Thanks, as always, for the awesome site. Quick question: as I look through the archive, I often see cars with a removed date of (say) today, but the price history ends months earlier, sometimes with a single data point. (One example with a removed date of 8/7 is the MS with VIN ending in 259219, the price history ends on 2 June.)

How should these be interpreted? Thanks!

When cars are removed, their listings at Tesla are gone, so they do not get a price update at removal. So the last price listed (could be weeks earlier) is the last price EV-CPO picked up.

When cars are removed, their listings at Tesla are gone, so they do not get a price update at removal. So the last price listed (could be weeks earlier) is the last price EV-CPO picked up.
So, the last price in the graph for a car that's been removed may not be the last price the car was when it was sold? (I mean, I get why that might be. I just want to understand.) And, a car that has a single price point from months before it's removed has probably been at that price the whole time (hence, no tracked updates)?

That's right. Suppose there's a car listed at a price set one month ago. Then Tesla drops the price significantly and someone quickly buys the car. EV-CPO never had a chance to detect the price change, and only picks up later that day when the car has disappeared. As I've posted previously, Tesla doesn't provide any kind of "real time" data feed for new listings, price changes, or removals/solds. So we can only detect when a car is no longer listed for sale that it's been sold. So a car in the situation you describe could have sold at that listed price, or some other price, it's impossible to tell.

Is there something up with emails/SMS not going out? I have a setup for Email/SMS for all new Model Y (nothing filtered out). I can also see in the archival view that there have been several over the last few days, and I never got a SMS/Email alerting me that they were available.

As of last week, I was successfully getting notified... but this weekend it stopped?

Kind of wanted to check in on something I mentioned previously about sorting of the features in regards to the Raven cars for further discussion. At the time of asking used inventory was super low and dropping everywhere so it seemed like an acceptable explenation that there just weren't any. I've got new data though I'd like to get clarification on.

I have yet to ever see a single car that has the "PMSR (Raven)" feature. There is a single car with the "Adaptive Susp(Raven)" feature but wouldn't that same car almost have to have the PMSR feature as well since those two items are what makes a Raven car a Raven? Weren't all Model S cars made after June 2019 Raven cars?

Kind of wanted to check in on something I mentioned previously about sorting of the features in regards to the Raven cars for further discussion. At the time of asking used inventory was super low and dropping everywhere so it seemed like an acceptable explenation that there just weren't any. I've got new data though I'd like to get clarification on.

I have yet to ever see a single car that has the "PMSR (Raven)" feature. There is a single car with the "Adaptive Susp(Raven)" feature but wouldn't that same car almost have to have the PMSR feature as well since those two items are what makes a Raven car a Raven? Weren't all Model S cars made after June 2019 Raven cars?

This should be fixed now. Tesla changed some element names in the code, so I had to adjust the queries to accommodate that. There are now 3 MS and 1 MX that have both PMSR and Adaptive suspension.

Reactions: Ostrichsak
Is there something up with emails/SMS not going out? I have a setup for Email/SMS for all new Model Y (nothing filtered out). I can also see in the archival view that there have been several over the last few days, and I never got a SMS/Email alerting me that they were available.

As of last week, I was successfully getting notified... but this weekend it stopped?
Any update on this? The email and txt notifications still not working for new model Y’s or 3’s

Any update on this? The email and txt notifications still not working for new model Y’s or 3’s

I believe it is actually working, but there are just so few new M3/MY available these days. There were three on 10/7 which generated email alerts, and text messages should have been sent out if emails were. I'll keep an eye on this for the next few days, but new inventory is very, very thin.

From 10/7:
1633826974575.png

1633827126228.png

And then the most recent before that was just one on 10/2
1633827184489.png

I believe it is actually working, but there are just so few new M3/MY available these days. There were three on 10/7 which generated email alerts, and text messages should have been sent out if emails were. I'll keep an eye on this for the next few days, but new inventory is very, very thin.

From 10/7:
View attachment 719689

View attachment 719690

And then the most recent before that was just one on 10/2
View attachment 719692
There was a brand new model 3 performance about an hour ago and a brand 2 new model y today that I didnt get a email or text

Attachments

• 30C7A0A7-6EA4-493D-90D1-4FBA6A335EF5.jpeg
    30C7A0A7-6EA4-493D-90D1-4FBA6A335EF5.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
What was the VIN?

In markets like this, new cars are listed and sold so quickly that EV-CPO doesn't have a chance to pick up the listing. We're talking just a few minutes sometimes. Tesla doesn't supply a real-time feed, so it's not possible to scan their website every second for every newly listed car. And since the market is so thin these days, there are literally hundreds of people all searching for the same inventory deals on Tesla.com, and people snap them up as soon as they're listed.

What was the VIN?

In markets like this, new cars are listed and sold so quickly that EV-CPO doesn't have a chance to pick up the listing. We're talking just a few minutes sometimes. Tesla doesn't supply a real-time feed, so it's not possible to scan their website every second for every newly listed car. And since the market is so thin these days, there are literally hundreds of people all searching for the same inventory deals on Tesla.com, and people snap them up as soon as they're listed.
Can you see the vin from the order screen? Not sure how to see it. Also the model 3 was posted for about an hour. Just keep an eye on it, it could very well be nothing. If I see another in Invetory I didnt get a notification for ill post it here. Thanks for looking into this :)