Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV.Energy application

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

not sure if i'm doing something wrong but I can't get the ev.energy application to work on an Iphone 8

I have setup the account, entered Tesla account details, it picks up my car, entered my home charger details and electricity provider but when I launch the app its tells me 'failed to get request details'

Any ideas?

@Jeeves , Rolec is the make of charger it displays by default, there's an option to choose something else which I have done followed by supplier and tariff.

The odd thing is when I log out and back in although it recognises I have an account I have to re-enter car details which it connects to and type of charger, the electricity provider and tariff is maintained

You need to enter car login or token details Not the Charger! In the app add the tariff for supplier. If you know the times (for economy 7) then set the start time in car charge page to stop the car starting charge too early. In the app set the time you want it to finish and the maximum price you want to pay per kwh. I think it defaults to about 15p /kwh if this is too low it won't charge!
So for example I am in Southern area which is 1:15am to 8:15am gmt I set car to 1:15 and ev energy app to end at 5:30am stupid early shift. Max price for me (Symbio Energy is about 7p/kwh off peak.
Typically it charges between them for about 4 hours at 32A. If you need a boost use the app not the car!
Screenshot_20200811-230106.png

Last edited: