TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EV Friendly Hotels: Vancouver?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by PhilBa, Dec 28, 2013.

1. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

#1 PhilBa, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    I'm looking to spend a weekend in downtown Vancouver. Would like to park at (or very near) the hotel we stay in. I looked on plug-share and found a couple.

Fairmont Pacific Rim - Sun Country CS90.
    Fairmont Waterfront - looks like 2 L2 J1772 (guessing 30 amp)
    Coast Hotel Coal Harbor - 120V outlet
    ShangriLa Hotel - 1 J1772 (guessing 30 Amp)
    Loden Hotel - NEMA 14-50 (last update is from 2011, not sure the current status)
    Fairmont Vancouver - 1 J1772 (30 Amp?) (Note: there appear to be 3 different Fairmonts in Vancouver, not sure if this is really true - they all have different addresses)

I was surprised at the lack of charging facilities in hotels. Does anyone know of other hotels that have chargers? Baring that, I would consider a hotel that is very close to public parking that has a charger.

I will happily summarize any responses in this post.

2. visagrunt

visagrunt Member

There are actually four Fairmonts in Greater Vancouver--the three you mentioned, plus the Fairmont Vancouver Airport.

The Fairmont Pacific Rim is my preferred hotel for a downtown staycation, but if you are more budget conscious, the Coast Coal Harbour is likely the most affordable of those you mention.

For public parking with a charger I suspect the closest hotel/parking option would be the EasyPark at the foot of Broughton Street, which is a couple of blocks from the Westin Bayshore.

3. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

I stayed at the Fairmont Vancouver - there's a J1772 30A right in front of the entrance where people drop off their car for valet. Gotta leave the key with the valet but I found it to be pretty convenient.