Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Stability Test - Tesla Looks Great, others...well you be the judge.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I'd really like to know what control inputs they were using. Towards the end, it almost looked like they were applying e-brake to upset the cars. Without knowing what they were doing and with each car having a different driver, it's a little difficult to draw conclusions. BTW, I'm not saying the drivers were doing anything wrong. It looked like everyone was applying proper counter-steering input to control the skids. It's just there are differences between all drivers.

Yep, I'd really like to know what control inputs they were using. Towards the end, it almost looked like they were applying e-brake to upset the cars. Without knowing what they were doing and with each car having a different driver, it's a little difficult to draw conclusions. BTW, I'm not saying the drivers were doing anything wrong. It looked like everyone was applying proper counter-steering input to control the skids. It's just there are differences between all drivers.

That's why it's so hard to do proper tests. Doesn't matter whether the tests are for efficiency, stability, or crash resistance, getting a good signal-to-noise ratio is hard work.