TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EV Stability Test - Tesla Looks Great, others...well you be the judge.

Discussion in 'Video' started by Ames, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Ames

Ames Member

2. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

Interesting, although I'd love to see the identical tests with other cars in the same category (large luxury).

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The Mitsubishi and the i3 seemed to lose consistently lose traction in the wet. The Leaf also did poorly. But the "tests" were not described and if multiple drivers were used that can bias the results.

4. swaltner

swaltner Member

Yep, I'd really like to know what control inputs they were using. Towards the end, it almost looked like they were applying e-brake to upset the cars. Without knowing what they were doing and with each car having a different driver, it's a little difficult to draw conclusions. BTW, I'm not saying the drivers were doing anything wrong. It looked like everyone was applying proper counter-steering input to control the skids. It's just there are differences between all drivers.

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

That's why it's so hard to do proper tests. Doesn't matter whether the tests are for efficiency, stability, or crash resistance, getting a good signal-to-noise ratio is hard work.