TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EVE for Tesla app

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Michaelangela, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Michaelangela

Michaelangela New Member

Has anyone had difficulty with this web based app? I have experienced loss of functionality with controls, music, and even loss of internet when the app is on line. I was hoping to be able to access my email using the app, which it does well, however it seem to be robbing a great deal of bandwidth to the extent that some of the car functions do not operate normally.

2. rog

rog Member

I had a complete browser lockup the other day while/after EVE was open for several days in my browser. Not sure if there is a connection though - even a reset of the center console didn't help, so maybe it was something else.
    I love their new IFTTT integration though - finally, I get notifications from my phone on the Tesla screen (whatsapp, SMS, etc.).

3. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

I had the premium version for a while but cancelled it. The app is a resource hog and maxes out the CPU on the car's browser. It's also incredibly slow to do anything on.

• Informative x 1
  4. Michaelangela

Michaelangela New Member

A resource hog it is! Is there any other way to get your email on screen? It is hard to believe that such a technologically advanced automobile does not have this function. Even my 2012 BMW can read my email to me.