Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ever Wonder Why No "4 seater" configurations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hill

high fiber member
Apr 21, 2015
either MT or TN
Why not just have the 2 rear seats!!!???!!!

20kcbk1.jpg

During our test drive just this last Friday - & remembering how many people bitched about the mid row not laying flat - reducing potential cargo area ... it dawned on me while taking the overhead picture of the rear row (above) ... "why not just take out the middle row permanently ?!" Yes, anyone with a bit of wrenching experience can do it their self ... but still ... you have to pay for that middle row. That can't be too cheap. We're set to get the 5 seat configuration. Hmmm - I wonder how much I can get for that middle row . . . . in exchange for the rear row . . . .
:tongue:

Why not just have the 2 rear seats!!!???!!!

20kcbk1.jpg

During our test drive just this last Friday - & remembering how many people bitched about the mid row not laying flat - reducing potential cargo area ... it dawned on me while taking the overhead picture of the rear row (above) ... "why not just take out the middle row permanently ?!" Yes, anyone with a bit of wrenching experience can do it their self ... but still ... you have to pay for that middle row. That can't be too cheap. We're set to get the 5 seat configuration. Hmmm - I wonder how much I can get for that middle row . . . . in exchange for the rear row . . . .
:tongue:
Yep. I've had that very thought! With some really nice seats in the back row it could feel almost like a limo! with some awesome cargo capacity when the back row seats fold down