Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Every morning i got error about my pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day!

Every morning when i jump into my car, i see some errors on display, that i have problem with my wheels pressure, i know that i can restart computer and it will gone, but every morning i see that i have some problems with 1, 2, or both 4 wheels? But in fact its okey, outside is about +8 degrees Celsius, but how i can fix it myself?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6340.JPG
    IMG_6340.JPG
    481.3 KB · Views: 92
...some problems with 1, 2, or both 4 wheels....

What's the "bar" required as shown on the car sticker at the side of your driver's door?

Mine says 45 Pound-force per Square Inch which is about 3.1 bar and yours says 2.5 bar which is too low for my label.

Maybe if you can inflate your tires to the label and the error will go away.

2.5 Bar = 36 PSI and this is when the warning comes on. After you drive they heat up and the pressure increases and the warning may go off. All factory tire pressure reference is for a cold tires (not yet driven) so yours are too low and need air. So like Tam said just inflate to the recommended amount and the error will go away and as an added bonus they will wear slower and more evenly.

Good day!

Every morning when i jump into my car, i see some errors on display, that i have problem with my wheels pressure, i know that i can restart computer and it will gone, but every morning i see that i have some problems with 1, 2, or both 4 wheels? But in fact its okey, outside is about +8 degrees Celsius, but how i can fix it myself?

Thanks!

by putting more air in your tires. On car forums around the world, every year, around this time of year, people start asking about "why am I getting low pressure in my tires warnings?"

You are getting that warning because your tire pressure is low (and because you have changed the display from PSI to BAR). Dont ignore the warning, just put more air in your tires (when they are cold). and inflate them to the tire pressure on the doorjam. For us in the states, that number is expressed in PSI. No idea if in latvia its expressed in BAR on the doorjam or not.

This should be similar to other vehicles you have had. Teslas require higher tire pressure than some are used to, but the actual process of filling the tires and needing to put air in them is the same as other vehicles.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
"why am I getting low pressure in my tires warnings?"

It's because you have low pressure in your tires...

"why is my fuel light on?"
It's because you have low fuel

"why is my check engine light on?"
It's because you have to check your engine.

On a more serious note, every 10 degrees (F) temperature causes 1 pound of tire pressure change. So if it 40F outside and in the afternoon it's 60F, your tires gained 2 pounds of pressure. Also if your "light" is turning off after you drive a bit, it's because the tires heat up as you drive around, which increases the pressure.

When I used to do autocross, tire pressure and temperatures were very important.

Last edited:
  • Funny
I'm sure jj knows that...
"no one" outside the US uses pounds for pressure. Bars is the proper unit of measurement for pressure.

I knew that bar was barametric pressure, but for full disclosure I did not know that no one uses PSI except the US. Kind of like Metric system measurements vs "yards and feet". I thought there might be some places outside of US that use PSI, but sounds like thats incorrect.

• Funny
I knew that bar was barametric pressure, but for full disclosure I did not know that no one uses PSI except the US. Kind of like Metric system measurements vs "yards and feet". I thought there might be some places outside of US that use PSI, but sounds like thats incorrect.
Keep in mind PSI is Pounds and Inches. Almost no one (except Liberia and Myanmar) uses these anymore except us backward looking Americans. I doubt cars for the international market even have a selection for PSI, but certainly not on by default.

EDIT: Did a quick search and looks like EU car's also have PSI on the Tire Information label. Must be to PROVE they are made in the US.:D:D:D

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 6.33.27 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Yep. This is the annual autumnal low tire pressure and add some air event. Whether it is an EV or an ICE, if you have the tire pressure sensors, you get to participate in this event. BTW, if you have the car for more than 8-10 years, you can have the "fun" of having to replace the expensive sensors at any time throughout the year.

Good day!

Thanks!

Oh! You mean tire pressure. I was expecting to see something like 120 : 60. The last time it was 105 : 55, but it wasn't the car that told me.