Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor EVS Motors is your exclusive Authorized PhotoSync Window Film Installer & Dealer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's complete, here's what it looks like outside (a little gloomy).
Photosync 35% - sides/back (2 piece)
Photosync 35% - sunroof
Photosync 75% - windshield

The A/C in the 3 seems a little weaker than in the S/X from factory based on my driving experience with the car. Considering how big the glass windows are in this car, it's feels even more important to tint every window possible to maximize battery usage and sustain interior comfort while driving.

Besides tinting it, we also wrapped the entire 3 in ClearGuard Nano clearbra, so it's protected against rock chips and light scratches all around the car. Plus, it's hydrophobic now so water beads off thanks to a top layer in the clearbra. Dash cam front and rear for protection and security. Check out my other threads on these products for more info.

DSC01231.JPG
DSC01233.JPG
DSC01234.JPG

Model 3 received Photosync 35%, and we also tinted the front windshield and sunroof. Client requested the back window not to be tinted, which is why in the second picture looks a little light. We can custom tailor our services--just pm me for more info.
DSC01371.JPG
DSC01373.JPG

Quite a few Model X clients have asked us:
Do I need to tint the back windows since they are already come tinted?

If one of your main concerns is heat rejection, yes. The back windows aren't actually "tinted" in the definition that there's a film on the windows. The glass pieces themselves are just darker from Tesla. There's no actual film on the glass. The shade/darkness does help a little bit, but you'll be missing out on a lot of heat rejection if you don't tint them still.

Can you match the front 2 windows to the back?
While maintaining the legal limits in Texas, it's not possible. The front 2 windows need to read at least 25% when an officer tests your windows. The back windows are typically about 15-20%.

Here's some pictures of a MX with Photosync 35 on all the sides/back and Photosync 75 on the front windshield. The shade looks great on the grey.
View attachment 315307 View attachment 315308

Do you do 1 piece on windshield?

Do you guys have a website I can browse around at? The one I found on google says that it is not secure so I didn't click any further.

Looking to see if you guys have any price ranges on a basic tint install on all 4 windows.

Here's a different picture than usual. We were recently working on a 3 and he previously had it tinted elsewhere before bringing it to us. Picture shows a partial rear window tint, where a shop tinted only the bottom half of the rear window. I sometimes get questions on how that looks, so this should give people an idea. You get 3 shades of color happening on the rear window--the rear portion that only has tint, the middle portion which has tint and the dark gradient from factory, and then the top portion that has only the factory glass.

*We did not tint this car.*
DSC01736.JPG

Here's a new Model 3 Performance getting Photosync on all the windows including the sunroof and the front windshield.

I often get asked, "Can you tint the front windshield on the 3? I hear there's a lot of electronics and it's dangerous."
Yes, we can. There are electronics in the front of the car by the front windshield, so I definitely can understand the concern there. We've been tinting the front windshield since around the 3's started to come into Texas, and we're glad to say we haven't had a single issue--but again, we take extra caution when tinting the front windshield. Despite our best efforts, anything can happen so if you're concerned then don't do it.

Photosync 35 on sides/back and sunroof. Photosync 75 on front windshield. Taken on a late afternoon and cloudy day.
DSC01972.JPG
DSC01997.JPG
DSC01998.JPG

Quick picture of a Model 3 we just tinted with Ceraluxe Quantum Ceramic. Ceraluxe is a great, solid heat rejecting quantum ceramic film from the same company that brings us Photosync.

We did 33% on the front 2 and 20% in the rear. We normally keep the sides/back of sedans/coupes all one shade, but it's surprising to see how little of difference you see between the two shades side by side.

Didn't get a chance to get a picture of this car outside, but the difference in shade is about as minimal as you see in this indoor picture.
DSC02011.JPG