Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excessive Phantom Drain 2018.32.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 is losing approx 16-20km overnight
Running on latest version 2018.32.2

Cabin overheat protection is not on, stored in my garage

At this rate I fear leaving it unplugged at airport if I leave for a week, my charge will vanish, especially when it gets colder

I know it's a persistent issue, but this is getting really bad!

Any other settings I need to fix?

A contrary date point here: just updated to 32.2 from 28.1. I was losing about 1 mile of range per hour for whatever reason and although the vehicle went to idle it almost never slept. I rarely check the Tesla app or TeslaFi so I wasn’t waking the car up for that. I did subscribe to TeslaFI though I set all options to maximize sleep...no joy. And I’ve enabled Cabin Overheat Protection since car delivery. COP has worked when I run errands and park outside in the daytime in almost 90ºF temperatures and the interior temperatures soar. In the evening my garage rarely gets over high 80’s with interior temps to match so COP should not be triggering when in the garage.

After 32.2, my car spends MOST of its unused time sleeping! Phantom drain has reduced to negligible levels with no changes to TeslaFi, nor my phone, nor my WiFi or LTE strengths. For this reason, 32.2 is working well for me. Still have issues connecting to the car to activate Summon though, and that has gotten worse since 28.1.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy