TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Excessive Phantom Drain 2018.32.2

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by Blu-Ion, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Blu-Ion

Blu-Ion Member

My Model 3 is losing approx 16-20km overnight
    Running on latest version 2018.32.2

Cabin overheat protection is not on, stored in my garage

At this rate I fear leaving it unplugged at airport if I leave for a week, my charge will vanish, especially when it gets colder

I know it's a persistent issue, but this is getting really bad!

Any other settings I need to fix?

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Do you have any third party apps monitoring your car? If so, delete them and change your Tesla password.

3. Blu-Ion

Blu-Ion Member

I installed TezLab yesterday because I was getting so much drain, it's not the cause. No other third party apps

4. SalisburySam

SalisburySam Supporting Member

A contrary date point here: just updated to 32.2 from 28.1. I was losing about 1 mile of range per hour for whatever reason and although the vehicle went to idle it almost never slept. I rarely check the Tesla app or TeslaFi so I wasn’t waking the car up for that. I did subscribe to TeslaFI though I set all options to maximize sleep...no joy. And I’ve enabled Cabin Overheat Protection since car delivery. COP has worked when I run errands and park outside in the daytime in almost 90ºF temperatures and the interior temperatures soar. In the evening my garage rarely gets over high 80’s with interior temps to match so COP should not be triggering when in the garage.

After 32.2, my car spends MOST of its unused time sleeping! Phantom drain has reduced to negligible levels with no changes to TeslaFi, nor my phone, nor my WiFi or LTE strengths. For this reason, 32.2 is working well for me. Still have issues connecting to the car to activate Summon though, and that has gotten worse since 28.1.

• Informative x 1
  5. lbecker

lbecker New Member

Used Tezlab for awhile, turns out it was the cause of my phantom drain, Since I changed my password on my Tesla Account so it cannot access the car, my drain has dropprd to less than 1% per day

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Perhaps not for you, but now you’ll have even more vampire drain! I still recommend deleting it and changing your password.

7. JayNJ

JayNJ Member

On 32.2 I lost only 1 mile last night (8.5 hours)

8. narayan

narayan Member

I lost 9 miles since the overnight charge which I think is significant (at end of charge had 244 miles). Have version 2018.32.2. Car is a few days old. Have now turned off cabin overheat protection, but it's not been hot today. Changed the password as well just in case.