Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Existing Model Y orders are now editable on Tesla site.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be sure to modify anything you please prior to the pricing for AP/FSD rising on May 1 per Elon's tweetstorm last week.
Being able to lock in AP/FSD at the current pricing may turn out to be a hidden gem of being an early Model Y reservation holder.
But damn, having to adopt post-May 1 AP/FSD pricing just to change the color or wheels of an existing Model Y rez is going to HURT.
So use what remains of April to make any desired mods to your existing Model Y reservation configuration.

Your design can be modified after ordering." No warnings of possibly adding to the base price of the car that was agreed upon.
Actually at order time, you agree that pricing may change if the configuration is changed. Very fair warning:
"If you make changes to your Vehicle Configuration, you may be subject to potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Pre-Order Date"

I removed the 3rd row seat option I decided I don't think we'll get enough use out of. So because of the price increase I only get $2,000 off but I will likely get the car 6 months earlier.
I cancelled my Model Y order this week, due to a culmination of things that I perceive as silly from Tesla. The change of the base price for existing orders, with a modification to options, was the final straw for me.

I’ve been wanting to buy a Tesla for about four years, waiting for a more affordable CUV/SUV than the Model X. I stayed up all night for the preview and while I was disappointed with the overall presentation, I felt compelled to “get a place in line” and put my $2500 down. After that, having no ability to get details such as ground clearance estimates or simple feature questions answered just annoyed me. After all, they have a price and started taking “orders” with deposits - why shouldn’t consumers expect answers and details in exchange for placing an order? It wasn’t a “express interest” list like other car manufacturers do until they’re ready to distribute full and accurate info on the vehicle before starting sales.

I’m still rooting for Tesla and think the Model Y will be a great vehicle. It just left a bad taste in my mouth for them not allowing any edits to the orders until after the prices went up, then not having a way to change options without incurring the base price increase.

I’ll be watching from the sidelines and waiting until the vehicle info and actual product is available to see before jumping back in the Tesla pool.

@11thIndian @deekortiz3 So I was a first night res too and got the Performance, Black, Black Interior, 5 Seater....depending on if the 3rd row is feasible for young teens I may need to switch to a 7 seater - so does that mean i'll lose my Day 1 reservation pricing? or that it will just add $3000 to my existing price or i have to re-do the entire pricing and pay the $2500 or so more for the paint, AP, FSD, etc.

Also i'm open to trading reservations if someone has a same build as me but 7 seater....

Any updated on the third row sizing and if it will be feasible for an adult/youngster to fit back there comfortable...seemed to be a disaster in the launch version that were being test driven in the videos.