Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Existing Order and want to change color. Tesla wants to increase car price.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an existing Reservation/Order from 3 months ago. I called to change from White to Red. I know Red is $2000 so no issue there. They told me I would need to pay $3,000 more as the price of the car increased. So, $3K for price increase plus $2K for color. $5K to change to Red. Is there any way around this or is this just how Tesla works? Would seem like they should honor the price I was given since I'm only changing the color (again, no issue with the $2K color charge). Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I have an existing Reservation/Order from 3 months ago. I called to change from White to Red. I know Red is $2000 so no issue there. They told me I would need to pay $3,000 more as the price of the car increased. So, $3K for price increase plus $2K for color. $5K to change to Red. Is there any way around this or is this just how Tesla works? Would seem like they should honor the price I was given since I'm only changing the color (again, no issue with the $2K color charge). Thanks!
It's in your order agreement under "Order Process: Cancellation; Changes"

"If you make changes to your order, you may be subject to potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date"

Reactions: Zoomit

No, there is no way around it, and its actually spelled out in the order agreement:

Relevant part of your motor vehicle purchase agreement (which is the PDF above)

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 11.17.54 AM.png

"If you make changes to your order, you may be subject to potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order date"

EDIT: not trying to pile on... was posting same time as @Corndart

Reactions: Corndart