Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Existing Warranties are starting to end. Everyone ready for repair costs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the Xcare extended warranty. Had bad luck with our S needing lots of repairs, so figured best to only have 1 Tesla out of warranty at a time. Plus I have a 2017 3, so one of the hand built ones. Who knows what sorts of stuff will crop up on that 1st model year as time goes on.

I bought the Xcare extended warranty. Had bad luck with our S needing lots of repairs, so figured best to only have 1 Tesla out of warranty at a time. Plus I have a 2017 3, so one of the hand built ones. Who knows what sorts of stuff will crop up on that 1st model year as time goes on.

Please keep us updated on your experience with using XCare in the future. I'm also tempted to purchase their extended warranty, because I'm planning to keep my 3 until the battery warranty expires.

We are a purpose driven company designed as the only Extended Warranty to work directly within the Tesla Service protocol. We pay directly upon Service Checkout for all covered repairs, minus $100 deductible (per visit, not per issue). Check out our free calculator at www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care for details, or contact us for more information. Thanks for supporting our mission to keep the EV community on the road and moving forward, and Xcelerate the transition to sustainable transportation!

Be glad you don’t own a BMW. Headlights are $1,500 plus labor. The day my wife’s car’s warranty expired, it was at the dealer getting warranty. They didn’t clean the sunroof drains so water built up and collected in the electronics well in the back. Over $3,500 in repairs to the Bluetooth module, radio and so on.

All cars with LED headlight costs above $1000+ to replace. Had a friend who's Acura from 2008 with either LED or HID went and it cost $1400 back then.

We are a purpose driven company designed as the only Extended Warranty to work directly within the Tesla Service protocol. We pay directly upon Service Checkout for all covered repairs, minus $100 deductible (per visit, not per issue). Check out our free calculator at www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care for details, or contact us for more information. Thanks for supporting our mission to keep the EV community on the road and moving forward, and Xcelerate the transition to sustainable transportation!

Was always interested. Can I pay this over time like 12 months or 6 months, or do I have to pay up right when I sign up?

Was always interested. Can I pay this over time like 12 months or 6 months, or do I have to pay up right when I sign up?
We don't currently have financing partners, but are working in that direction. What many clients have done is apply for one of those introductory 0% credit cards, pay for the warranty and pay it down before the interest hits. You can also approach your bank to see if they will re-fi your existing loan with a warranty included, then we send them a P.O. for the payment.

Last edited: