Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience at the Dublin CA SC today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd share my experience at the Dublin SC today. I took the M3 in to have the items on the due bill addressed. I bought the car in October and there was some fitment issues with the rear doors and trunk.

I drive up to the drop off area, and there were only 3 other cars there. I was a zoo the last time I was there (Jan). I park the car, roll down the window, and as I'm getting out of the car, a rep approaches me and calls me by name. Hot sure how they new my name. Asked me some questions as to what I needed done. Asked me to wait inside while the body shop techs went over the car. 10 Mins later he asks me to come out and goes over what they are going to do to the car. I sign some docs, takes me back inside to arrange my "rental" MS (75D, 11k miles) with enterprise. Walk out to the MS, go over it with the rep, hands me my keys, and I'm done. 25 mins total.

Seems like Musk has dropped the hammer on them.

It was a good experience. Now lets wee whether the can actually do the things they said they would. I'll report back then.

I park the car, roll down the window, and as I'm getting out of the car, a rep approaches me and calls me by name. Hot sure how they new my name.

I had the same thing in Santa Clara last week. Given that I don't have a front plate on the car my guess was that there's probably some geofence that notifies them of the VIN when a car first enters the service center.

• Informative
Reactions: OPRCE
It's not rocket science. My Acura dealer has always greeted me by name even when I never met a particular rep before. Pretty simple.... they knew my car was scheduled to come in at that time, knew the model and color and I arrive at that time :D
Lots of dealers use hidden rfid stickers to know the customers coming in.

They don’t just guess by the car coming in (unless you are at a slow dealer)

Lots of dealers use hidden rfid stickers to know the customers coming in.

They don’t just guess by the car coming in (unless you are at a slow dealer)
First time I heard that but it makes sense. Not at the Acura dealer here though. They just look at the schedule when you drive up and know who it is. Same for the wife's Avalon in the bay area. They simply look at the schedule and greet her as she comes in. No magic required. :D At least that is what they told me. For me, I'm not going to let any dealer RFID my car without me knowing about it. Not sure what benefit it would be to them or me anyway.

Last edited:
When I brought in my Lexus for service, I can already see my name on the welcome screen once I pulled up to the drive way. I don't even have front license plate installed. Have no idea how they know that's me. Well, I guess that's how the service center of Luxury manufacturer should be.

Thought I'd share my experience at the Dublin SC today. I took the M3 in to have the items on the due bill addressed. I bought the car in October and there was some fitment issues with the rear doors and trunk.

I drive up to the drop off area, and there were only 3 other cars there. I was a zoo the last time I was there (Jan). I park the car, roll down the window, and as I'm getting out of the car, a rep approaches me and calls me by name. Hot sure how they new my name. Asked me some questions as to what I needed done. Asked me to wait inside while the body shop techs went over the car. 10 Mins later he asks me to come out and goes over what they are going to do to the car. I sign some docs, takes me back inside to arrange my "rental" MS (75D, 11k miles) with enterprise. Walk out to the MS, go over it with the rep, hands me my keys, and I'm done. 25 mins total.

It was a good experience. Now lets wee whether the can actually do the things they said they would. I'll report back then.

The Seaside Service Center treats me exactly the same for the past two years. Some one greets me by name as I get out of the car. Makes for a nice experience.

I do feel there's been some changes to service (for the better) since I last went there mid-2018. Everything was smooth and efficient. Communication was also great. Loaner issue seems to have resolved as well. The lady before us was in a Model S rental and we were brought to an in-house SP90D loaner probably because we only needed it for few hours. This was Torrance service center.

So I got my car back today. That was quick. Dropped it off at 3pm yesterday, received a text this morning at 9 saying the car was done. The fixed the allignment on the trunk and both back doors.
I'm guessing your alignment fixes didn't require sending it out to a body shop? I've been on Dublin's virtual body queue for almost 5 months and no communication so far...

Well dude- I thought that was very cool and I have NEVER been called by name at any Lexus or Land Rover or Jaguar dealership when taking one of my cars in. So your experience impressed me!!!

I'm guessing your alignment fixes didn't require sending it out to a body shop? I've been on Dublin's virtual body queue for almost 5 months and no communication so far...
Yeah, not seed to send it out. They told me they were going to do the whole thing in-house. I guess it wasn't as bad as some others. They asked whether in was in the virtual queue, told them I had no idea.