Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exploring Service Mode, Found DAS Errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
Got into Service mode for the first time today, and discovered the following DAS errors. I also found a DAS reset feature in one of the sub-menus.

1) What is DAS?
2) Should I perform the DAS reset to clear these errors?

Error Page.jpg

Go to service menu, select Driver Assist then Camera. There is a DAS Reset button on the screen.

If you press it, you’re supposed to authorize the process by “hold Fully Up on Turn Stalk + Brake + Key for 10 seconds”. I don’t know what is meant by “Key” in this statement.

Just got up the courage and did the DAS reset. BTW, the gateway won’t unlock if the charger cable is plugged in.

The indicator lights at the upper left of the camera screen go red, as if the system is rebooting (?). They change to yellow after a few seconds, then to green. The GPS light took longer to get to green. The number next to the light is the # of GPS satellites it has found, I believe. If the number is 6, the light is yellow, but if it reaches 7 the light turns green. 7 satellites is an unusually large number required - GPS location should work on only 4.

I’ll drive around tomorrow & see if anything changes, especially FSD beta (which sucks in my area).

Just got up the courage and did the DAS reset. BTW, the gateway won’t unlock if the charger cable is plugged in.

The indicator lights at the upper left of the camera screen go red, as if the system is rebooting (?). They change to yellow after a few seconds, then to green. The GPS light took longer to get to green. The number next to the light is the # of GPS satellites it has found, I believe. If the number is 6, the light is yellow, but if it reaches 7 the light turns green. 7 satellites is an unusually large number required - GPS location should work on only 4.

I’ll drive around tomorrow & see if anything changes, especially FSD beta (which sucks in my area).
Hi all! Isn't it necessary to reinstall the software after resetting DAS?
I am moving towards the point that I will have to independently replace the autopilot version 2 cameras with new ones, since I previously changed the MCU to Intel and stopped receiving updates last fall.
Do I understand correctly that after physically replacing the cameras with new ones, I will need to go into service mode, reset DAS and then request software reinstallation? It’s confusing that it says that reinstalling the software is impossible when replacing the MCU. I want to understand that we are talking about the impossibility of using it after physically replacing the MCU for the first time or after replacing the MCU it is basically impossible.

Is there anyone here who has walked this path on their own and can share their experience?

It's not necessary to reload software after resetting DAS.

Some new information for the DAS errors I was seeing in Service mode. Yesterday, I had my windshield camera assembly replaced because I lost FSD and detailed visualizations. I had limited visualizations in the driver screen, so the cameras seemed to be working. I thought from another thread that the problem was a bug in 2023.44.30.8, but the service center decided it was the windshield camera assembly. The cameras were apparently OK, but some other module in the camera assembly was bad. After the replacement, I have FSD running again & see full visualizations on the driver screen.

Also, I don't see the DAS errors in the Service menu like before, which is interesting. Previous complaints about many DAS errors were poo-poo'ed by Tesla reps. Now I wonder if the bad windshield camera module was the real problem.

It's not necessary to reload software after resetting DAS.

Some new information for the DAS errors I was seeing in Service mode. Yesterday, I had my windshield camera assembly replaced because I lost FSD and detailed visualizations. I had limited visualizations in the driver screen, so the cameras seemed to be working. I thought from another thread that the problem was a bug in 2023.44.30.8, but the service center decided it was the windshield camera assembly. The cameras were apparently OK, but some other module in the camera assembly was bad. After the replacement, I have FSD running again & see full visualizations on the driver screen.

Also, I don't see the DAS errors in the Service menu like before, which is interesting. Previous complaints about many DAS errors were poo-poo'ed by Tesla reps. Now I wonder if the bad windshield camera module was the real problem.
What are DAS and CAN ECU?

What are DAS and CAN ECU?
DAS = Driver Assistance System, including autosteer, cruise control and FSD.
CAN is a vehicle digital data communication system something like Ethernet but slower. All newer vehicles (for the past 10 - 20 years) have it, certainly any vehicle with OBD-II. You can look the term up in Google for more info.
ECU has different meanings in different vehicles. In an ICE, it could be Engine Control Unit. In a Tesla, it could be Electronics Control Unit.