Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended free Supercharging due to Covid-19?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is definitely a first-world problem but... I got my M3 in December 2019 expecting to take a few road trips in the spring. I applied a friend's referral code and got the free 1,000 miles of supercharging. Due to Covid-19 I doubt I will be able to use these supercharging credits before they expire in June 2020. I'm sure many others are in a similar situation. Any possibility to petition Elon to grant us an extension?

Here is my take on this....I was also told "use them or lose them" by my advisor at Tesla at time of pick up.
I was told they expire in 6 months, so I used the SC near my home every week while I explored home charging price and electricains.
I still have 93kms left of free charging and its been 10 months now...lol...strangely enough I keep checking it to see if they are still there.
Honestly...I do not think they expire...i can update this post after 12 months have past and let you know for sure.
FYI....I got 7500kms free charging at time of purchase....:)

Here is my take on this....I was also told "use them or lose them" by my advisor at Tesla at time of pick up.
I was told they expire in 6 months, so I used the SC near my home every week while I explored home charging price and electricains.
I still have 93kms left of free charging and its been 10 months now...lol...strangely enough I keep checking it to see if they are still there.
Honestly...I do not think they expire...i can update this post after 12 months have past and let you know for sure.
Nice, so maybe this is a first-world problem that I can simply ignore? I'll take the road trip and use the miles whenever the epidemic subsides. Thanks for the info hey.stephen and SoMany3's

Reactions: APotatoGod
Looks like our expiration date was extended a year with our referral’s M3 delivery today.
0E6BF436-CEB3-4769-AAFC-575EF8CD694C.jpeg

Let's see. If I avoid the high and low battery states, I would likely charge from a range of 50 miles to 250 miles, or 200 miles. With an m3, that's about 50kwh. PG&e off peak rates are $0.17 per minute. So my home electricity would cost $8.50. If I don't have other trips planned, I'd subtract the $7.00 cost to drive to the local S.C. and back (14 miles * $0.50), assuming my time is free.

So each fill-up would save me $1.50 to $8.50, depending if I had other nearby errands.

UPDATE
Yes they do expire...i see this now in my Loot box, expires in May 2020