Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have experience with battery extended warranty like Xcare? I have 2016 Model S warranty expires in November
Since you have a 2016 Model S, your Battery and Drive Unit warranty should not expire until 2024 (you have an 8 year on the battery and drive unit)

Before the end of this year, we will roll out our Battery and Drive Unit warranty extension offering. This will be separate from the traditional XCare that we offer which supplements your factory 4yr & 50k limited warranty (sold independently) since all BEV warranties are on 2 different factory warranty timelines.

There are quite a few threads out there with members using XCare for claims. Here is one thread, but if you simply search "XCare" or "Xcelerate" you will see a lot of people sharing their experiences. Real life experience with Xcelerate warranty?

Upvote 0
Before the end of this year, we will roll out our Battery and Drive Unit warranty extension offering. This will be separate from the traditional XCare that we offer which supplements your factory 4yr & 50k limited warranty (sold independently) since all BEV warranties are on 2 different factory warranty timelines.
Eagerly awaiting this option. Honestly, I think you guys are killing the game being the first to do this. Good juju to you and the company!

Upvote 0
Since you have a 2016 Model S, your Battery and Drive Unit warranty should not expire until 2024 (you have an 8 year on the battery and drive unit)

There are quite a few threads out there with members using XCare for claims. Here is one thread, but if you simply search "XCare" or "Xcelerate" you will see a lot of people sharing their experiences. Real life experience with Xcelerate warranty?
Hi did you roll out the HV battery/drive unit offering yet? -thank you

Upvote 0
Hi did you roll out the HV battery/drive unit offering yet? -thank you
Not yet. We are still scheduled to release our XCare Premium (with battery and drive unit coverage) at the end of March 2023 for all vehicles 2016 and newer and with less than 100,000 miles at the time of purchase. As a result, rates on qualifying vehicles will raise as a result of the increased coverage, and vehicles that do not qualify will also see a slight rise in cost.

What this means for people considering coverage is the following: If your vehicle age plus the coverage selected does not exceed 8 total years (2019 getting a 4 year/50k warranty is an example, as the coverage would not go past the 8 year Tesla battery/drive unit warranty) then it may be wise to purchase before the coverage change, to avoid a price rise. If you have a 2015 or older, you should also consider purchasing soon. Lastly, for those who are content to cover the current equipment without battery and drive unit coverage (very light miles users or those who simply don't see the value in paying extra for these components to be covered) it may also be worth considering purchasing now.

Upvote 0
As the second owner of a 2018 MX100D I was not eligible for the Tesla ESA. I looked around for a bit for other options. I researched EVSRepublic in Rancho Cordova, but they had too many exclusions, and I could only take the vehicle to their shop. Various feedback here urged by to look into XCare. Their coverage is excellent, and their terms and rates are also fabulous. I worked with Dayan Sosa on the final details, and he was also fabulous. Time will tell if this will be money spent well for a 4-year 50k mile warranty.
IMG_7686.jpg

Reactions: XCare EV
Upvote 0
Not yet. We are still scheduled to release our XCare Premium (with battery and drive unit coverage) at the end of March 2023 for all vehicles 2016 and newer and with less than 100,000 miles at the time of purchase. As a result, rates on qualifying vehicles will raise as a result of the increased coverage, and vehicles that do not qualify will also see a slight rise in cost.

What this means for people considering coverage is the following: If your vehicle age plus the coverage selected does not exceed 8 total years (2019 getting a 4 year/50k warranty is an example, as the coverage would not go past the 8 year Tesla battery/drive unit warranty) then it may be wise to purchase before the coverage change, to avoid a price rise. If you have a 2015 or older, you should also consider purchasing soon. Lastly, for those who are content to cover the current equipment without battery and drive unit coverage (very light miles users or those who simply don't see the value in paying extra for these components to be covered) it may also be worth considering purchasing now.

Upvote 0
As the second owner of a 2018 MX100D I was not eligible for the Tesla ESA. I looked around for a bit for other options. I researched EVSRepublic in Rancho Cordova, but they had too many exclusions, and I could only take the vehicle to their shop. Various feedback here urged by to look into XCare. Their coverage is excellent, and their terms and rates are also fabulous. I worked with Dayan Sosa on the final details, and he was also fabulous. Time will tell if this will be money spent well for a 4-year 50k mile warranty.View attachment 921321
Dayan rocks! So happy to hear your story!

Upvote 0