Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EXTREMELY disappointed with used M3 order/buying process!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just sat at my local credit union literally one step away from signing the final forms and minutes away from them cutting me a check, but for some idiotic reason Tesla sent the credit union a title for the vehicle with the original owner's name and a lien still very clearly on the title. Wtf?

Obviously the credit union needs proof that Tesla actually took ownership of the car, yet no one there knows what the hell I'm talking about! All they need is an MV50 form just showing that the Tesla dealership took ownership. How is this not understood by what is now one of the biggest auto manufacturers in the entire world?!?!

To top it off, the Mt. Kisco, NY location (where the car is) NEVER answers the damn phone, and my personal rep is MIA. So I had to leave the credit union empty handed, wondering when will I get this form that should have been sent in the first place!!

So far it's been a pretty horrible experience. Hopefully the car is better than the customer service.....

I just sat at my local credit union literally one step away from signing the final forms and minutes away from them cutting me a check, but for some idiotic reason Tesla sent the credit union a title for the vehicle with the original owner's name and a lien still very clearly on the title. Wtf?

Obviously the credit union needs proof that Tesla actually took ownership of the car, yet no one there knows what the hell I'm talking about! All they need is an MV50 form just showing that the Tesla dealership took ownership. How is this not understood by what is now one of the biggest auto manufacturers in the entire world?!?!

To top it off, the Mt. Kisco, NY location (where the car is) NEVER answers the damn phone, and my personal rep is MIA. So I had to leave the credit union empty handed, wondering when will I get this form that should have been sent in the first place!!

So far it's been a pretty horrible experience. Hopefully the car is better than the customer service.....
If the car wasn’t better than the service, they would be out of business by this point. It is sad Tesla is still having these issues.

I've been going back and forth all day between Tesla and my credit union. Tesla vehemently claims they never generate an MV50 until the customer takes delivery of the vehicle. This doesn't make much sense to me.

Imagine you are the bank cutting a $50k check - wouldn't you want to know if Tesla actually took ownership of the car???? They sent a damn title with the previous owner's name and a lien recorded. It's as if they never bought the car back.

I'm so befuddled.

Imagine you are the bank cutting a $50k check - wouldn't you want to know if Tesla actually took ownership of the car???? They sent a damn title with the previous owner's name and a lien recorded. It's as if they never bought the car back.

I'm so befuddled.

That's the entire point of a wall license ... To give customers and lenders the assurance that you're on the up-and-up. The DMV knows who you are, you've posted a bond and have passed a background check. The bank isn't concerned about Tesla taking title.

I'm all for the Tesla direct-to-consumer way of doing business, but I guarantee you they carry a license in NY. The title is fine - they just ALSO need to provide DMV with an MV-50 at purchase, whether paper or electronic. Those are for registration purposes... and they will handle it - you don't need to do a thing.

The CU shouldn't really need an MV-50 to fund the purchase. Think about it for a second - the MV-50 certifies that the dealer (in this case, Tesla) sold you a car. It's the Certificate of Sale. Until the loan is funded, they haven't sold you a car ...

I think your credit union is backwards here, not Tesla.

Everything has finally been squared away, the credit union asked for a lien release and my rep promptly sent it to me. I emailed it over and we're all good now.

All day going back and forth all to be solved in 5 minutes. lol c'est la vie!

Reactions: VT_EE
Everything has finally been squared away, the credit union asked for a lien release and my rep promptly sent it to me. I emailed it over and we're all good now.

All day going back and forth all to be solved in 5 minutes. lol c'est la vie!

Ahh that’s how it goes. Congrats - you’re gonna love this car! Please post some pics once you have it!

Ahh that’s how it goes. Congrats - you’re gonna love this car! Please post some pics once you have it!

Thank you very much! Yes I will def post pics. I'm not having the greatest time coordinating with my pickup location. They're pretty horrible. I keep asking for my pick up to be early in the week and early in the morning, and not one response all day long. :mad:

Thank you very much! Yes I will def post pics. I'm not having the greatest time coordinating with my pickup location. They're pretty horrible. I keep asking for my pick up to be early in the week and early in the morning, and not one response all day long. :mad:

I’ve not heard great things about MK. Next time come down a little further to Paramus - top shelf service and support there! Seriously - A-players all around.

So I’m sitting in a parking lot right now and a guy with a Lotus Elise just pulled in. Cool as the Elise is, I still like my 3 better. :)

I’ve not heard great things about MK. Next time come down a little further to Paramus - top shelf service and support there! Seriously - A-players all around.

So I’m sitting in a parking lot right now and a guy with a Lotus Elise just pulled in. Cool as the Elise is, I still like my 3 better. :)

Wow it's funny that you mention Paramus - they have been PHENOMENAL with helping me out throughout this whole process... specifically Melissa. The MK location literally has not answered the phone a single time!

If I had known this before I would have fought to have it delivered to Paramus!

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
Wow it's funny that you mention Paramus - they have been PHENOMENAL with helping me out throughout this whole process... specifically Melissa. The MK location literally has not answered the phone a single time!

If I had known this before I would have fought to have it delivered to Paramus!

Every single time I've been to Paramus, it's been nothing short of exceptional! Sales and service both. I fill out every survey (hopefully someone reads them) with "The Paramus team needs to train the rest of the Tesla network!" -- it's absolutely true. I see all the complaints on this forum and, while I'm absolutely sure there are issues, don't have any of those. They're a perfect example of how Tesla should operate. Springfield is very very similar - also top shelf service. Last time I was in, the technician came out and gave me both the center's direct email address as well as his direct email. Responsive doesn't even begin to explain.

So yeah - I understand you're struggling a bit with MK, but from now on, lesson learned. Use Paramus, be happy. :)

Anything you need, just PM me here - happy to help!

Reactions: Siciliano
Every single time I've been to Paramus, it's been nothing short of exceptional! Sales and service both. I fill out every survey (hopefully someone reads them) with "The Paramus team needs to train the rest of the Tesla network!" -- it's absolutely true. I see all the complaints on this forum and, while I'm absolutely sure there are issues, don't have any of those. They're a perfect example of how Tesla should operate. Springfield is very very similar - also top shelf service. Last time I was in, the technician came out and gave me both the center's direct email address as well as his direct email. Responsive doesn't even begin to explain.

So yeah - I understand you're struggling a bit with MK, but from now on, lesson learned. Use Paramus, be happy. :)

Anything you need, just PM me here - happy to help!

Yeah I went on Yelp and other review sites and the reviews were horrific for MK. I'm exasperated just thinking that I'm gonna be there for 4+ hours just to pick up the damn car :(

If they would even answer the phone I might be tempted to have them transport the car to Paramus lol