Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EZ Pass (TX) - Mounting on refreshed model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to get the black transponder mounted inside the new front bumper, but the service center said that's not possible. I was told that you can't do the window sticker either due to the Tesla windshield. Only option is the front license plate, but I have mine off.

Has anyone been able to hide the transponder in the refreshed front end?

Do you have a refresh? That black box/area next to where the rear view mirror attaches to the glass is where you're supposed to put the transponder. The old glass created problems. If you search the threads, you'll see photos of people who have attached the transponders to the window (I don't go on tollroads unless I'm headed out of town, so I haven't tested mine). You can stick the EZ tag sticker we use in Texas in that location. @Rhyder was going to confirm as soon as he gets his car back.

Last edited:
The other hint I learned is to stick your EZ tag to a clear window cling (instead of the window itself). Then cling the EZ tag to the window. You can do this with your registration sticker too.

Yup, just had my windows tinted and this is what he recommended. Saves you having to peel off all the damn glue. I'll be doing this with my EZTag as well, if I can find a place to mount it. I wouldn't mind the windshield, but I would love to hide it in the refreshed bumper.