Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F/S 2015 P85D Model S Loaded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the plus suspension came with a plus sign after P85D on the rear on the car and also on the dash display? I have staggered 21’s but with air suspension mines not +. I also thought that plus was not air suspension and yours shows air suspension with no plus listed anywhere on the build sheet.

P85D’s don’t come with a + on rear... Easiest way to tell is if it has the large bolsters on the rear seats
Seats don’t show plus suspension. The plus was heavier spring suspension with heavier stabilizer bars and bushing. I believe they also made air suspension plus, It was an upcharge in the build sheet. I could be wrong but I don’t think so. Not trying to bash but it seems like it would be on the build sheet of options.

Is not on the build sheet, I have had 2 that have the plus suspension.
You are correct on what the components are.
The rear bolstered seats only come on cars with plus suspension, they are not on the build sheet either.
The 2 things aren’t directly connected, it’s tesla, don’t try to figure it out...lol

• Disagree
Reactions: BoerumHill
Is not on the build sheet, I have had 2 that have the plus suspension.
You are correct on what the components are.
The rear bolstered seats only come on cars with plus suspension, they are not on the build sheet either.
The 2 things aren’t directly connected, it’s tesla, don’t try to figure it out...lol
Oh Ok, I know Tesla mixes and matches parts to get cars out the door, Ive never had a P85D so not that familiar. I thought there was a significant upcharge for the optional plus suspension, it may have become standard towards the end of the run.

Strange comment... why do you think that?

I mean I do work at a Toyota dealership, however this in my personal vehicle, in no way tied to the dealership, happy to show you my Iowa registration, if needed.

AND I could sell it through the dealership if it would be better for a buyer, then I could line up financing and everything if need be.

So best of both worlds? Buyers choice.

Didn't some just add the "Plus" by buying it off ebay, maybe that's where you remember it from..

You mean like my 2015 P85D+ that I added the " + " to the rear emblem? :cool:

P85DL+.jpg

Reactions: Don TLR
I thought the plus suspension came with a plus sign after P85D on the rear on the car and also on the dash display? I have staggered 21’s but with air suspension mines not +. I also thought that plus was not air suspension and yours shows air suspension with no plus listed anywhere on the build sheet.

P85D's with the Plus Suspension did NOT come with a " + " added to their emblem or on the dash display.

Plus Suspension actually WAS air suspension, NOT coils.

Plus Suspension may or may NOT have been listed in the Tesla build sheet. Only way to tell is to look at the label on the airbags.

Performance Plus (+) Upgrade

I've driven a P100D without the Plus Suspension and honestly thought it was too "Cadillac floaty", especially coming from an "street legal" track car (2006 Corette Z06). The Plus Suspension is similar to the:

... suspensions. Definitely tracks better, less body roll, more locked down to the pavement, especially with my staggered 21" Arachnid wheels and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires which REALLY make the Plus Suspension shine with MUCH lower unsprung weight.

However the Plus Suspension is NOT for people looking for a Cadillac "magic carpet" ride. They need the standard Tesla suspension.

Last edited:
The whole point of a Tesla is the acceleration, they are too heavy and have too small of tires to actually be a track performance car. You are correct that there are now big BMW M, Amg Mercedes, and Audi’s that are also way too heavy to handle very well due to their weight. Drive a new BMW M2 on the track and then you can understand the difference of what a handling car feels like. The P100D is the result of refining the S platform to be the best it can be....fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrokerDon