Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facial Recognition enabled in app for Model S (Currently iPhone only)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Facial recognition is now on the Tesla APP. When I went to use it on the MS and the vehicle unlocked and I was seated the display showed "Keyless driving enabled" :)
Keyless Entry enabled.jpg

Ok. I think many will read your thread title of "keyless entry" as the type the M3 has, where you don't need to even touch your phone. The car senses the phone and gets authorization without any action required from the driver.

The whole point of the "start" button is to allow driving without a fob, and it's been on the app for quite a while. I would, however, never rely on it.. since yesterday was a perfect example that the network can go down at any time and then you're stuck if you're outside of the car without a fob.

Reactions: JohnnyG
Ok. I think many will read your thread title of "keyless entry" as the type the M3 has, where you don't need to even touch your phone. The car senses the phone and gets authorization without any action required from the driver.

The whole point of the "start" button is to allow driving without a fob, and it's been on the app for quite a while. I would, however, never rely on it.. since yesterday was a perfect example that the network can go down at any time and then you're stuck if you're outside of the car without a fob.

Agreed how do I change the Title?

Agreed how do I change the Title?

You can use the "report" button, which will send a message to the moderator.

Also, in case you didn't know, you can tell Siri to "open the car" or "unlock the car" and it will use facial recognition and then unlock it. It's been a little flaky at times, so I don't know if it relies upon the app having been opened recently. Can't say "start the car" just yet, though. :)

You can use the "report" button, which will send a message to the moderator.

Also, in case you didn't know, you can tell Siri to "open the car" or "unlock the car" and it will use facial recognition and then unlock it. It's been a little flaky at times, so I don't know if it relies upon the app having been opened recently. Can't say "start the car" just yet, though. :)
It looks like the moderators just updated it. :)

Reactions: SKRGO