Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faded Tiles on Front of Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the paint on the white wood above the roof is peeling. Is it possible that could be the source of the staining?
Possibly, but doesn't the pattern look like spray paint? If there were deposits downhill from all of the upper story walls, I would chalk it up to weathering paint, especially if it was in lines that aligned with drip edges, but that's just me. I think a little test with winded or simple green to see if the stain migrates would be a quick test, and if that doesn't shift it, a little solvent.

All the best,

BG

Possibly, but doesn't the pattern look like spray paint? If there were deposits downhill from all of the upper story walls, I would chalk it up to weathering paint, especially if it was in lines that aligned with drip edges, but that's just me. I think a little test with winded or simple green to see if the stain migrates would be a quick test, and if that doesn't shift it, a little solvent.

All the best,

BG
I agree that your test should show.

Looking closely, I wonder if this roof is constructed differently than ours. It seems some of the material with texture is metal. We were part of the 1st 100 solar roofs and everything with texture is glass.

(I honestly think our project was a factor in Tesla adding roof complexity variable to their pricing when they jacked up their prices just a few weeks after completion of our project).
Hence the reason on the barn picture I posted above I decided to stick with asphalt shingles on those small, tight areas at the top. They quoted me an acceptable price to replace them and I just thought they would be kidding themselves in that it would have needed scaffolding, special cut outs and the tiles were just too big for those areas. So I decided to protect them (and me) from themselves and not let them go down that rat hole.

FWIW, here is what the solar tiles look like in the front of our house. Looks like a lot of dirt has washed out and deposited on the tiles. I guess I need to get up there and clean them. Dirt and dust seem to gather at the lower edge and run down in little rivers to the tile below.

20220419_170501.jpg

Quick update, been over a month of playing the waiting game with Tesla Support. I have spoken to multiple agents/managers who keep telling me they have routed this to the local support team for onsite follow up, only to never hear anything again. I'm at the point where i'm considering filing a legal claim (forced arbitration?) just to get them to wake up and take me seriously. Any thoughts on how to best get supports attention?

I know this isn't exactly breaking news, but Tesla support is such a joke. I love this companies products but can't stand how poorly they are from an operational perspective.

Reactions: jgleigh
Quick update, been over a month of playing the waiting game with Tesla Support. I have spoken to multiple agents/managers who keep telling me they have routed this to the local support team for onsite follow up, only to never hear anything again. I'm at the point where i'm considering filing a legal claim (forced arbitration?) just to get them to wake up and take me seriously. Any thoughts on how to best get supports attention?

I know this isn't exactly breaking news, but Tesla support is such a joke. I love this companies products but can't stand how poorly they are from an operational perspective.
Have you taken any solvents to this to see if it wipes away? I really think this might be spray paint that either the installers or some other worker applied, and that paint is now fading.

Not sure what is safe to use on these solar tiles to clean up possible paint.