TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Fail. Just blew my very first Plugshare request.

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by Al Sherman, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

When I first signed up for Plugshare I didn't include our home phone. I listed my cell and gave the option of voicemail, text, or PM on TMC.
    I hadn't considered a real time, right now, my primary and backup charging options failed scenario. Cell reception is pretty much non existent at our home. I got a voicemail yesterday but it was too late to help as the requester had already driven out of range to look for a charger.
    It all worked out but he got home very late this morning after charging at 30 amps. My HPWC would have been perfect especially considering where he was at the time he called.
    I guess I need to include my home phone for these type situations. Any reservations out there about doing this?

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

#2 dsm363, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    Do you have the option of a signal booster at your house for the mobile phone?

3. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Grab a Google voice account and either forward to home, or set up voicemail alerting to notify you in the reliable method of your preference?

4. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

I only have a cell phone, but have its number publicly listed on plug share, and have not had any issues so far. Only had a handful of people need it, however.

5. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

If you have Internet at home, get your carrier to set you up with a femtocell and then you'll have cell service at home.

6. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Great suggestions. Thanks. I'm researching!

7. William13

William13 Member

Since we screen the home phone, I would be fine giving out my home number. All sorts of "nonprofit" call centers call us.