Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fake "Tesla Model S OEM" spoilers on ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you're fairly new here with a join date of Apr 2014. You might not know that the "standard spoiler" now is has a matte black finish but the early owners (me) the original spoilers were glossy carbon fiber. I can't tell from that pic if it is the glossy or matte version. You may have seen one somewhere but got the different one but there are most definitely two different versions of the spoilers.

I understand that, just b/c I'm new to join TMC doesn't mean I haven't done the research. I've seen both early and newer versions in person as I know 2 people with the earlier P85+ and one who took delivery earlier this year. So I know what they look like and what versions there are. The matte version is a little larger and looks much better. That is the version I purchased and we compared it to my buddy's P85+ and it looks similar and fits well.

The matte version is a little larger and looks much better. That is the version I purchased and we compared it to my buddy's P85+ and it looks similar and fits well.

to each their own. I had the choice of the gloss or matte (the SC had both) and I went with the gloss because I felt it matched much better to mine while the matte version just looked very out of place.

What do you guys think about this one I bought off of EBay. Said to have been taken off of a new car. Even had a lot of adhesive left on it that it took me an hour or so to get off. Is this real or an elaborate fake? Or could it have been a Tesla owner trying to pass off the fake one he bought to me. I guess if he/she put it on a new car and then took it off the description might be "accurate".:smile:
IMG_3443.jpg
IMG_3442.jpg