Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Heavy - 7&8 Reuse - Elon's Roadster Demo - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of speculation about this earlier this morning. Poking around various sources it looks as though today will only be another wet dress rehearsal. With the frequency of this test I wonder if WDR's are becoming a necessary pain in the ASS issue.....as in "Acronyms Seriously Suck", which Elon once famously emailed to employees.

Poking around various sources it looks as though today will only be another wet dress rehearsal. With the frequency of this test I wonder if WDR's are becoming a necessary pain in the ASS issue.....as in "Acronyms Seriously Suck", which Elon once famously emailed to employees.
Thanks for spelling it out... otherwise, I might have assumed it stood for WetDReams. :p

3262B776-0CD6-4403-BF61-4CA5D7ACEEE3.jpeg

I took this photo earlier today. Yesterday I was at the event for the new West Melbourne Supercharger. There was a SpaceX engineer there showing off his new Model 3. He has nothing to do at all with the comments I make below because his discussions were all about the Model 3.

Considering the activity on this morning around 39A, with several road blocked with flashing lights and a visibly high amount of activity plus a few other factors, I suspect they think the static test might actually happen tomorrow.

From listening as carefully as I could I gained the impression that several of the problems causing delays recently were more related to electrical,systems managing the FH than to fundamental,structures. Sadly, my knowledge is well behind my overhearing capacity. Luckily finding the places nearby to overhear is easy, they’re The same ones that have worked for years. Not many options around Titusville.

• Informative
Reactions: Pollux and Grendal
That makes a lot of sense. FH is a new rocket with new systems that need to be tracked. So making sure the control center is getting all the necessary data for all those new systems and making sure there is a person responsible for watching and responding to that data would be something new.

Interesting line from the article
Overall, SpaceX is allowed to continue to perform Wet Dress Rehearsal tests on Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy rockets as those tests do not require Range support. However, static fires, which involve lighting rocket engines, do require 45th Space Wing and Eastern Range support in the unlikely event of a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly of an engine or a conflagration of the rocket.

Given the last conflagration was during fueling for a static fire, I'm not sure the author is correct.

Reactions: GSP