Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing Doors Quality Poll (Everyone answer please!)

How would you describe the operation of your Model X's Falcon Wing Doors?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My FWDs were perfect on delivery, one minor glitch due to a software update, was corrected within a week with another update. Both kids in car seats, we use the doors heavily without issues. I did set a couple rules for my 6yr old though.
1) He can only OPEN the FWD from the OUTSIDE
2) He can only CLOSE the FWD from the INSIDE (seated and buckled)
I am looking forward to the increased speed supposedly coming in V8. One of the last few updates slowed it down a bit.

You probably should add in a category like "issues present but still haven't taken it into a service center yet". My situation is that it makes some strange noises when it's in an enclosed space like my garage. But worse is that half the time it hits the shelves at the side of my garage. The sensor is supposed to stop it but it doesn't half the time on the passenger side of the FWD. It doesn't do any damage but still a pain to worry about it hitting the shelving.

Besides that I'm relatively happy with them. I have about 1,500 miles on it and it's not as convenient as normal doors. But they are obviously really cool.