Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fantastic Service Center visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

larmor

Oct 27, 2014
Westlake, TX
I have had an MX for about 6 months--15k miles so far. We have had some minor issues and they were all addressed. However Tesla Service has exponentially improved in both turn around time and service overall in just the six months time.

Initial visits last year in Costa Mesa: delayed time to get door latch, sensor adjustment and only partially available tesla loaner. TBF, i had a big trip and needed an AP car, so they got me a P85D loaner after one day for the balance time of the service, and another time, they also got me a loaner MX by the end of the day. Like all car service centers, my experience is with mercedes for the past ten years, there was a small wait to re confirm problem, and arrange for loaner, paperwork, etc.

Recent service center visit: Four to five cars ahead of me pulled in and are being addressed. I get inside the service center, and prepare for the wait to see about a loaner etc... After about four minutes, they have a tesla loaner MS waiting, one paper to sign, captured driver's license picture on their pad, and on my way. And I'm very confused, since I expect to wait, had the laptop open, thinking about tea/coffee. Got a call several hours later that my car was ready, and was asking when i would come and pick up! Got back to the service center, rapidly returned the loaner, and was in my car ready to go. Didn't even have time to chat with fellow model X owner I met there...

Summary: All of my visits were to the service center were minor issues.
Initially parts took time to come and turn around was slower while center was busy.
Now service center was fast, and seamless yet still busy.
My comparison: local mercedes dealer which always resulted in some amount of wait.

Time is the commodity: tesla service has improved and saved me more time vs tesla service in the past and mercedes as compared to the last ten years.