Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fast FC04 19" wheels in Bronze on my Blue Model Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting in case someone else wants to see how it looks. I'm loving the look, I've always loved the blue/bronze combo. Going from the stock 21" Uberturbines to these lightweight 19" wheels has dramatically changed the way this car drives. The ride is so much better, it's much more supple and smooth over all surfaces. Huge QOL upgrade.

Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 XL in 255/45ZR-19. No significant noise difference from the stock Pirelli's.

Here's the pics, sorry car is a little dirty...

IMG_1973.jpeg

IMG_1974.jpeg

IMG_1975.jpeg

IMG_1978.jpeg

reminds Me of my old Subaru. I like it. 👍
Yep, fully aware of the Subaru vibes. I've had three Subarus personally (1980 1600GL, World Rally Blue bugeye WRX, and a hatch STI), so fully aware of the blue/gold thing with the STI & Rally heritage.

I was not a fan of the Uberturbines after living with them for 6 months and wanted to downsize, figured a good opportunity to get nice wheels in bronze to go with the dark blue paint. Happy with the results.

Nice! I’ve been thinking of going the same route. Finally curbed my first Uber wheel after 6 months. It was a moment f stupidity trying to pull up further on a curb to give the wife some shade. Bronze wheels had been on my upgrade list! I’m thinking 20“ though.

Posting in case someone else wants to see how it looks. I'm loving the look, I've always loved the blue/bronze combo. Going from the stock 21" Uberturbines to these lightweight 19" wheels has dramatically changed the way this car drives. The ride is so much better, it's much more supple and smooth over all surfaces. Huge QOL upgrade.

Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 XL in 255/45ZR-19. No significant noise difference from the stock Pirelli's.

View attachment 828311
View attachment 828312
View attachment 828313
View attachment 828314
Like the look! What's the wheel width on these 19s? Thanks!

Nice. I'm changing mine to a 19x9 squared setup next week, same tires as you, so I'm just wondering how much rim protection I can expect. Thanks for the info!
You'll have more rim protection than me with the 9" rim, I just don't know how much, much. It'll be .25" in to give the tire more room to bubble out and protect you. The one thing I wish I had was wider tires for protection. The lip of these 9.5" on 255 width tires sticks out more than I was expecting. I will try to fit wider tires on these wheels when these wear out.

Reactions: PeteOC
You'll have more rim protection than me with the 9" rim, I just don't know how much, much. It'll be .25" in to give the tire more room to bubble out and protect you. The one thing I wish I had was wider tires for protection. The lip of these 9.5" on 255 width tires sticks out more than I was expecting. I will try to fit wider tires on these wheels when these wear out.
It differs with different wheels but I’ve read that in general, you’d add about 1” of width to the stated width of the wheel, and choose your tire width according to the look, or rim protection you want. Numbers wise I’m merely 1 mm (255 > 254) over wheel width, but I believe I’ll be fine since these Michelins seems to be good to go. Again, nice look!

Reactions: mephiska

View attachment 828311
View attachment 828312
View attachment 828313
View attachment 828314

What's the width of those wheels? I'm looking to get the same, the shop mentioned they can get me 8.5...the stock Gemini wheels are 9.5.