TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Faster 75?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by TechOps, Sep 23, 2017.

1. TechOps

TechOps Member

I picked up my first MS 75 in June 2017. For reasons I won't get into, that was replaced by a new, exactly identical spec, MS 75 which I picked up yesterday.

The new vehicle is noticeably faster accelerating. Any ideas why that could be? I heard rumors of an 85 kWh pack; is there a way I can check whether there is one in there? Or just variability in the electric motor efficiency? I don't think I'm imagining this since I drove both cars within an hour or two of each other..

2. chipmunk

chipmunk Member

3. TechOps

TechOps Member

True.. and the 75 I was driving up until yesterday also had that update. So that's not the reason for the difference.

I just checked the sticker, and the new car has a 75kWh 5B pack.

4. Tiger

Tiger Member

You think you have it, but you don't, ..., until you do!

5. number12

number12 Active Member

So this thread can have some new Info.. why hush hush about having to get a new car?

Lemon?

6. chipmunk

chipmunk Member

That’s my guess. If so, I’m certain there was a hush clause included. I say this so the OP doesn’t have to if that’s the case.