Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FastTrak / Toll tag placement.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5E123077-F33F-42A3-BA8C-00D8D7A255EC.jpeg
Got a new FastTrak tag in the mail Thursday.

Realized it fits perfectly behind the tablet display. Any reason to not place a toll tag / RF transponder somewhere like this?

Sorry my garage light is reflecting so strongly at the bottom of that image...

View attachment 353510 Got a new FastTrak tag in the mail Thursday.

Realized it fits perfectly behind the tablet display. Any reason to not place a toll tag / RF transponder somewhere like this?

Sorry my garage light is reflecting so strongly at the bottom of that image...
Goo idea. In Colorado they say to attach the sticker to the lower left windshield, which I’ve always done and hardly notice it. Ours is just a small sticker so a little less visible. Can’t see why it wouldn’t work in the center though.

Mine has a switch on it to go between Toll and HOV so it has to be in an accessible location. In CO if you rely on license plates then there is no way to use the HOV lanes for free, and tolls lanes cost more than if you use the pass.

I've got mine on the top of the windshield to the right of mirror. It's mostly hidden by the mirror but I can still move my head to see the switch position and reach it when I need to change it.

• Helpful
Reactions: whatthe2
There’s a 1,2,3 switch on this one too, but I can basically leave it in “3” for the next four years.

That spot isn’t easy to reach while driving but is easy to hit the switch if still.

I guess there are no issues having this thing next to a monitor screen?