Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faux wood trim on newer models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a Model 3 yesterday and was looking at the floor model for a bit. I'd heard most folk claim the wood trim on the Model 3 is real (if very thin) wood veneer, and I personally was really excited about this. It even seemed confirmed by some photos showing the cuts they make to wrap it around the sides cleanly.

However, what I saw on the showroom Model 3 was very obviously not real wood. The edge where it wrapped around was lifting/bubbling like a poorly applied vinyl wrap, and the surface was completely smooth (not "open pore wood") .I do not know if the interior on the floor model was the "premium" or "partial premium" interior.

Does anyone know if newer Model 3's shipping with faux wood wraps now instead of the previous real wood veneer?

I test drove a Model 3 yesterday and was looking at the floor model for a bit. I'd heard most folk claim the wood trim on the Model 3 is real (if very thin) wood veneer, and I personally was really excited about this. It even seemed confirmed by some photos showing the cuts they make to wrap it around the sides cleanly.

However, what I saw on the showroom Model 3 was very obviously not real wood. The edge where it wrapped around was lifting/bubbling like a poorly applied vinyl wrap, and the surface was completely smooth (not "open pore wood") .I do not know if the interior on the floor model was the "premium" or "partial premium" interior.

Does anyone know if newer Model 3's shipping with faux wood wraps now instead of the previous real wood veneer?

Any pics?