Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request: audible alert that Supercharging is complete, but from car, not on phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla,

It would sure be nice to have some kind of audible "microwave" type alert to let you know that Supercharging is complete...you know.….just in case you want to take a light nap and want to avoid the cost/price of idle charges due to missing the silent "charging complete" notification on the screen.

Seems like a simple update..... just wondering.

Thanks

Garlan.

While you are waiting for Tesla to make this change, how about turning on notifications on your phone? Or when it says "40 minutes remaining" setting a timer on your phone for 40 minutes?

I've done that, but Tesla's 40 min isn't always 40 min.

However sometimes I pull out my phone and turn up the audio and turn on the Tesla notification sound to get its audible alerts and then after supercharging I go back in on the phone and turn off all of the audible alerts associated only with the Tesla app and then .....blah...blah...blah......

I don't think the request is out of the box.....for goodness sake....we have a fart feature. ( and no....I'm not at all suggesting that the car mimics many humans and "passes gas" (sound) after they get full )

Last edited:
However sometimes I pull out my phone and turn up the audio and turn on the Tesla notification sound to get its audible alerts and then after supercharging I go back in on the phone and turn off all of the audible alerts associated only with the Tesla app and then .....blah...blah...blah......
It's a good thought to have it built in for sure, but in the meantime, if you are worried about all those clicks, hide them behind IOS shortcuts or Android Tasker. One touch.

I am aware of that as I mentioned it would trip the fuse of the cabin plug.
I have a 150W inverter on that plug for laptops and such.
Just wondering what the limit for the 12V system is if you tapped it elsewhere, such as at the battery, while the car is running.

There is no current limit ( concerning a circuit breaker - as the model 3 doesn't have fuses ) if you tapped directly to the battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: bijan
I assume there's a limit past which you'll drain the 12V battery in continuous use though? The top up of the 12V battery from high voltage battery must have some limit.

The OEM 12V battery that comes in a Tesla isn't different than a regular ICE car battery.

I know for sure that the 12V can provide the number of CCA it advertises.

I have no intentions of EVER testing it while the battery is inside of my Model 3.

I like a nap, too. And having the car tell me the charging is done would rank higher than awakening with a cricked neck and drool-soaked shirt while paying for idle time at the plug. Yeah, I could use a phone alarm, probably, or bring along the Westclox Big Ben and foam-tape it to the dash. But I'd rather have the car do my bidding, since it does so much else for me.

With the car on the Chevy bolt 12V system will power that inverter just fine, so unclear if model 3 can do it (obviously not from the cabin where the amps are limited). Yes obviously with the car off you'll drain the battery really quickly.

Edit: The limit is going to be the DC-DC conversion between high voltage battery and 12V battery.

Edit2: Nothing official but this indicates 1800W max so it could be possible:
What is the maximum output (in watts) of the DC-DC Converter on the Tesla Model 3? - Quora