Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request: car reminds you if you left the 'key' in the car

Mod3forMe

Oct 30, 2018
Canada
Does anyone know if this is coming? I often forget my phone in the charger (with the door closed) and then run back to get it, given both my phone and car could go missing. Seems like it would be easy to have a chime go off to remind you to take your phone, much like 'normal' cars do with passive keys when you open the driver-side door.

St☰v☰

Aug 27, 2019
Texas
I have the next-best thing. I have my phone paired with my watch, which is configured to vibrate like the world's ending if it loses the connection to my phone. In testing, I can't get more than about 10 meters away before my watch notices I was a derp and left the phone in the car.

Mine too, nice feature. Do you have the Tesla app on your watch as well?

Rockster

Oct 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
You can set the Tesla to beep its horn when it automatically locks. If you don't hear the beep when you walk away then you probably left your phone in the car.

Garlan Garner

Banned
Mar 31, 2016
Chicagoland
Does anyone know if this is coming? I often forget my phone in the charger (with the door closed) and then run back to get it, given both my phone and car could go missing. Seems like it would be easy to have a chime go off to remind you to take your phone, much like 'normal' cars do with passive keys when you open the driver-side door.

...….much like "Normal" cars do?

Tesla IS becoming the norm.

LOL

Do it like I do it.

If I don't hear that autolock horn sound after 10 seconds of walking away from the car...I know my phone is still in it.
If I don't see those mirrors folded in after walking away from my car.....I know my phone is still in there.

Garlan Garner

Banned
Mar 31, 2016
Chicagoland
Why, what can they possibly do with it? Can't drive the Tesla without my pin... oh I know, they may post on the tesla forum without my knowledge.

What can they do with your login to Tesla?

Is that what you are asking?

Are you willing to PM me with it?

Question: Have you ever logged your phone into your Tesla account? Was it necessary?

Chickenlittle

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Virginia
It actually does. The car won’t lock with key in it so you will not hear the lock chime when walking away

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC