Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request: car reminds you if you left the 'key' in the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if this is coming? I often forget my phone in the charger (with the door closed) and then run back to get it, given both my phone and car could go missing. Seems like it would be easy to have a chime go off to remind you to take your phone, much like 'normal' cars do with passive keys when you open the driver-side door.

I have the next-best thing. I have my phone paired with my watch, which is configured to vibrate like the world's ending if it loses the connection to my phone. In testing, I can't get more than about 10 meters away before my watch notices I was a derp and left the phone in the car.

Mine too, nice feature. Do you have the Tesla app on your watch as well?

Does anyone know if this is coming? I often forget my phone in the charger (with the door closed) and then run back to get it, given both my phone and car could go missing. Seems like it would be easy to have a chime go off to remind you to take your phone, much like 'normal' cars do with passive keys when you open the driver-side door.

...….much like "Normal" cars do?

Tesla IS becoming the norm.

LOL

Do it like I do it.

If I don't hear that autolock horn sound after 10 seconds of walking away from the car...I know my phone is still in it.
If I don't see those mirrors folded in after walking away from my car.....I know my phone is still in there.

It actually does. The car won’t lock with key in it so you will not hear the lock chime when walking away