Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Request - Display calculated distance remaining

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love to see an option to show the miles remaining next to the speedometer.
Not the one based on the max battery, but the one estimated from current driving habits and history.

An option to reset it so it begins to recalculate from a current drive, and even choose how much history to use.
Example, current trip, last 50 miles, last 100 miles, etc.
Even base it on your current battery expectancy. So if your battery only charges to 80% that is calculated in.

This way if starting a drive that is mostly freeway, you can reset and get a good idea of range, same for city, or even mountain driving.

Would be nice to adjust the size also, maybe when it is under a given number it can grow and flash :)

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin and JES2
I assume you're aware that this info is in the energy app and you just want to see it on the main screen, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Yes, fully aware, and that is what I go by. Since the miles to empty on the main screen is almost useless I can just change it to %.
But showing the number shown in the energy page instead would be better.
I am just looking for a better estimation that can be based on a set distance and on the current usage.
No one gets the max miles unless they don't drive normal.....

Yes, fully aware, and that is what I go by. Since the miles to empty on the main screen is almost useless I can just change it to %.
But showing the number shown in the energy page instead would be better.
I am just looking for a better estimation that can be based on a set distance and on the current usage.
No one gets the max miles unless they don't drive normal.....

I got my car in June and found the rated range to be pretty useful. for my driving habits, achieving max miles was pretty typical. In winter, though, the rated range is useless and I agree that it would be nice to have the predicted range show up somewhere aside from pulling up the energy graph.