Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Request: Drive-Through Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen anyone post this idea before yet, but I think it would be sweet if we had a drive-through mode for the car.

It would limit the car speed to 2mph, but would enable theater so you could watch TV. Anyone who lives on the west coast knows how long those in-n-out drive through lines can get. Would be an awesome feature to have.

Do you think this is a possibility? Or will govt strike it down?

Also, I'm once again asking for the ability to independently turn off A/C vents.

That would be asking for a recall. People would just use it in LA traffic and would be even more distracted than the currently are.
While this is an excellent point, I do think that it could still be doable.

Having a lite version of FSD that is capped at 3MPH. If the accelerator is pressed, and 3MPH is exceeded, the theater mode could automatically shut off.

I see what you're saying about it being misused, and now I'm torn personally myself, because even if it was used in that situation -- the remedy I described above could resolve that.

Haven't seen anyone post this idea before yet, but I think it would be sweet if we had a drive-through mode for the car.

It would limit the car speed to 2mph, but would enable theater so you could watch TV. Anyone who lives on the west coast knows how long those in-n-out drive through lines can get. Would be an awesome feature to have.

Do you think this is a possibility? Or will govt strike it down?

Also, I'm once again asking for the ability to independently turn off A/C vents.
Pretty sure that's a "not gonna happen"

Reactions: Yelobird
You can NOT have a full self driving system unless it is certified/jurisdiction approved as a LEGAL L3 or higher system. So no this is not going to happen. If Tesla can make a L3 system it won't be limited to 3MPH.

You need to learn to amuse yourself in other ways. Listen to a podcast or an audio book. Let your brain create the images instead of being spoonfed all your entertainment.

Alternatively, learn to be zen in these moments and just focus on breathing and calm and silence.

We don't need to fill every few minutes of our lives with video.

Reactions: Mrdrbot23