Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Request. Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I have left my phone in there a few times now because I've forgotten about it. My assumption is that as long as it's left in there the car will not lock so if you're not paying attention you're basically walking away leaving it sitting in the car while it's unlocked, which makes sense but you just have to pay attention. As it is I'm still getting used to the idea that there's no key every time I get into it.

Reactions: raeldor
100% agree. Our BMW does this. It's very handy.
Coming from a BMW myself, there's something to be said for tactile buttons at your fingertips but I'm adjusting. OT here but the lane keeping on the Tesla seems almost flawless compared to the BMW, on the same 80 mile drive I always take, the Tesla never last track of the lines a single time, the BMW would lose it maybe 1/4 of the time.

Coming from a BMW myself, there's something to be said for tactile buttons at your fingertips but I'm adjusting. OT here but the lane keeping on the Tesla seems almost flawless compared to the BMW, on the same 80 mile drive I always take, the Tesla never last track of the lines a single time, the BMW would lose it maybe 1/4 of the time.
Our BMW is a piece of garbage and I hate it. I've owned several over the years and they somehow keep getting worse. We had no fewer than 11 error messages on a trip at Christmas time. Service can't and won't do anything about it. The active cruise fails every 5 minutes.

My Tesla has its own problems but it does deliver on autopilot!

Reactions: TheGroove
I keep leaving my phone on the charger on the Model 3. I thought it would be great to have a feature whereby when you open the drivers side door, if it detects a phone is on the charger it beeps and displays a message on the screen that says 'Don't forget your phone!'. Thoughts?

Is there a feature request URL for Tesla?

Thanks
I have done that a couple times and agree it would be a nice feature. But given that Tesla seems that thye would rather take features away than add them these days, it seems unlikely!

Reactions: raeldor